-74-

We started reading the first issue together and it was beautiful to hear his voice reading the words I knew so well. We each read a chapter before passing it to the other to read the next chapter.

"Then the detective went into the night and tried to find the trail of the thief...but again she was just a little too late," He said in his storytelling voice. It was slightly different than his usual tone...but it was just as attractive to me.

"Days past and the detective was coming to a point in the case where she was soon stuck. She sighed to herself, 'why can't I just find the damned thief already...I get so close and then they always seem to escape my grasp...' She held a hand to her forehead and sat back against the table. 'Damnit..'" I read as the last chapter ended. The part we made it to in the book was chapter 26 and that's when Akira is finally able to find a break in the case...and the part coming up is honestly my favorite.

"'Akira! It's all over the news...another robbing downtown!' Her associate called out to her, making her whip her head around to face her. 'By the Thief of Lies?' She asked gently, opening up the case file again. There was only a blurry photograph with their hight and approximate weight. They were only able to get this information from the markings on the doors in the most frequently robbed places. But even with that...she was no closer to cracking the case...or finding the infamous Thief of Lies." I read making a different voice for the associate and Akira making him laugh a bit. Shuichi rested his head on my shoulder, making me smile.

"'Have you told detective Tayaka about this?' She asked, moving over to look over at Tayaka's desk only to find it empty. 'You mean me? I was the one who saw the report,' Her partner came over and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. Akira lowered her gaze for a moment while Tayaka continued to speak. 'We believe this new robbery was for an item called the Senix jewel' She said folding her arms. 'The relic that formerly belonged to the old priest Mandi Jone.' She finished. Akira looked over to the associate before shaking her head. 'I thinkI have a lead...the priest had a great granddaughter and what I know about her...she is very bitter about the display of the jewel she claims was stolen from her granddad.' Akira started making the other two nod." I paused for a moment to catch my breath. Shuichi's gentle breathing was hitting my shoulder and made my whole body shudder at the touch. I moved closer to him by leaning back against him.

"'I'll go down to interrogate her,' Tayaka said almost immediately before she moved for the door. Akira grabbed her arm with a sigh. 'Make sure to be calm about it...because she is bitter about it and probably won't cooperate if you are all up in her face with questions...' She whispered, earning a small side nod from Tayaka before she left the room. 'I need to research the other girl so I will be in my office,' Akira said briefly before she left into her office." I noticed that Shuichi had fallen asleep behind me. I smiled and gently rustled my hand in his hair before bookmarking the book and closing it.

Shuichi is really tired. I mean he always kind of is...but I mean that it can be hard to stay awake. I wanted to just fall asleep in his arms right there and then...but I knew that given our situation, that wouldn't be the best Idea.

I moved around in his lap and held onto his shoulders. "Hey Shu~" I cooed into his ear as I gently held his cheek in my hand. After a moment of him not reacting at all his eyes started to slowly flutter open.

"Kichi?" He asked, sounding disoriented from just waking up. I smiled at him and gently kissed his forehead before moving to kiss his cheek.

"Yes, my beloved?" I asked, moving back a little bit to rest my forehead against his own.

"I-I'm sorry for falling asleep on our date..." He whispered. His voice was still laced with the exhaustion that was written all over his face. I let my hand creep up his side, gently tracing his neck before I gently let my fingers caress his cheek.

"You don't have to worry about that my beloved~" I cooed again before slowly moving out of his arms.

"You did make me tired by the way you were clinging to me though, but no harm done~!" I said with a smile before I felt his arms move around my waist.

"It bothered you didn't it?" He asked, probably noticing the lie I told earlier. I sighed to myself knowing I wouldn't be able to keep it from him for much longer.

"Yeah..." I said not wanting to mention how it reminded me of the neglect my parents gave me for the majority of my life. Sure they got better after I went to the damn hospital...but that doesn't mean they made me feel like a part of the family...I was still a monster to them.

"You could have let me know...sorry again though, I know that won't make up for it...but maybe we can go and cuddle because you did mention that you are a little exhausted from waking up and from earlier when I was rudely asleep." He said in a very apologetic tone. I smiled at how hard he was trying to make it up to me...he is the only one I know who would try to make it up to me even after I tell them my classic 'it's fine' or 'it's alright' but he knows that's all bullshit.

"Thank you Shumai..." I said with a small yawn. God, I hate feeling this tired all the time...

"Ok, now you just relax," He said before gently moving so he was holding me against his chest, with one arm on my back, and one arm under me. I rested my head against his chest and tried my best to stay awake for him. But I think he knew as much as me that I was exhausted and should honestly just get some rest.

"I'm going to take the book back to our room so if you want to continue reading later...then we can." He said making me smile more. He always tries his hardest to keep his promises, and if he isn't able to he always tries to make it up to them.

"Ok, my beloved..." I said barely able to get the words out before I fell asleep against him. Goodnight my beloved Shuichi...please be there when I wake up...

-Tired of people today honestly...everyone at my house is lying to me and honestly it's making me feel sick. I wish you all the best of luck today and tomorrow! Thank you all so much for reading!!-

-ShuichiOuma010-