89. Decision

Daphne stares ahead at nothing in particular. She's surrounded by part of the Avengers. They're all wearing their suits and gala clothes, save for Tony Stark, who is still knelt next to her on the ground in his Iron Man suit. It's the 23rd of December and they're on a rooftop. Daphne's wearing nothing more than a torn, lacy gala dress and her heels have been chucked aside, so saying she's starting to get a little cold is an understatement. Everything Loki just told them is racing through her head. The other Avengers might have their doubts, but Daphne is sure. He didn't lie. He didn't manipulate. All he said is true. Somm, the addictions... Peter...

Answers. Daphne wants answers. Needs them. She swears inwardly, knowing that what she wants is impossible to obtain without the right help. And the only one who can help her is not on earth. She has no choice if she wants to ease her mind. She has to do this.

"Loki?" Daphne mumbles quietly.
"Yes, dear?" He cocks an eyebrow at her.
"Could... Could I have a word with you?" Loki glances up at the sky again, his face contorting. They must know he's missing on Asgard.
"We are having a word now, aren't we?"
"No- no, I mean... In private."
"No." Iron Man's electronic voice pushes through the air. Daphne turns her head to look at the intimidating mask.
"Yes," is all she says. She scrambles to stand upright, ignoring Stark's protests. "You want answers, right? Well, fuck, me too. Let me have this."

Loki angles his head and frowns.
"And where could we have a private word?" He asks. Daphne glances to the next building. The roof is slightly lower, but it's far enough away that no one would hear them, yet close enough that they would still be in view.
"There." Loki scoffs at her suggestion.
"And how are you planning on getting there?" Daphne rolls her eyes at Loki and sighs, frustrated. She dramatically holds out her hand to him. He chuckles and makes his way towards her.
"Daph, don't-" Peter tries as he steps forward. He interrupts himself when she looks at him. The sadness in her eyes locks away his voice.
"Just a minute," she whispers, before Loki pulls her towards him and they disappear in thin air.

...

Loki saunters over the rooftop, leaving Daphne by herself. He has his back towards her as he takes his steps, stealing glances at the Avengers who are watching them from the other rooftop. He knows Daphne is dialing Tony on speaker. Loki's not stupid. Daphne gives Iron Man a stern look to urge him to keep this conversation secret.
"Now, what is so important that I am the only one who is allowed to hear it?" Loki asks playfully.
"Take me to Ravir." Loki halts immediately. His eyes go wide as he whips around to face Daphne.
"Excuse me?"
"You heard me."
"Daphne under-no-circumstances-will-I-ever-leave-earth Birch wants to leave earth?" Daphne presses her lips on top of each other and gives Loki a blank look.
"I need answers," she replies. Loki walks towards her until he has to angle his face down to look at her. He frowns.
"Why Ravir?" Daphne takes a breath.
"She's the one who told me what I am."

Loki blinks a few times with his mouth opened in disbelief before he rolls his shoulders and collects himself.
"That sure gives me an advantage over her."
"What?" Daphne takes a step back, confused. Loki smirks and shrugs.
"She made a promise, never to get involved with you." He wiggles his eyebrows. "Now that she broke that promise, she owes me a favor."
"Alright, then," Daphne scoffs.
"I don't think you understand what I am saying." He places a hand on her shoulder. "We can use that favor to force her to answer your questions." Daphne frowns.
"Don't you want to use that favor yourself?"
"What would I use it for?"
"I don't know, you're the 1500-year-old god, I'm sure there's something better you can get from her." Loki throws his head back and his single, short laugh nearly makes the sky rumble. He lets go of Daphne and scratches the back of his head.
"I have want for nothing other than your safety and happiness. If answers will ease your mind then it is answers I will claim for you."