90. Anything

Nothing at all and everything at once. That's what Peter's feeling right now. He's frozen in place on the rooftop, like a deer in head lights. Daphne just disappeared in Loki's arms to God knows where. Based on what Tony said, chances are she's on her way to Asgard. Where there are hundreds if not thousands of sorcerers who could use her. Loki must have planned this from day one. Lie about his limitations around her and then just take her away. Away from earth. Away from Peter.

Loki mentioned monthly visits and some kind of deal that he and Daphne had somehow struck. This means Daphne has met up with Loki more often since the kidnapping. Why did she not tell Peter about this? Why would she lie to him? Keep secrets? Is this why she wasn't angry with him for not telling her he's Spider-Man? Because she had a big secret as well? Peter's chest aches. Did she not trust him enough to tell him this? Did... Did she not love him as much as she said she did?

"Kid..." Iron Man appears behind Peter, but Peter doesn't move. "Talk to me." There's a pause as the wind blows between them. Peter stays glued in his place, staring at the exact spot where Daphne just stood. His breath is shaky.
"Why didn't you stop her?" His voice cracks. He can hear Iron Man's suit move mechanically.
"Pete, she wanted this herself." Tony steps out of the suit and stands next to Peter, giving the teen a worried look. "She brought it up." Peter finally turns his head to look at Tony. The billionaire's stomach turns into a pit when he sees the emptiness in Peter's eyes. Completely void of any emotion.

"And you believe that this was all her idea?" Peter breathes.
"I do."
"She's been keeping this 'deal' a secret from all of us, right? Who knows what Loki's done to her while we weren't paying attention!" Suddenly, Stephen Strange lands next to them.
"Their dynamic is different, Peter," he sighs. "Apparently, they can tell when they lie to each other and he cannot take from her."
"You believe him too?!" Peter exclaims. An uncomfortable feeling creeps up on Tony. Even though Peter's voice is soaked with emotion, his eyes are still empty. Blank. All of this only seems to prove what Loki said. Daphne affected him. In a bad way. Tony could punch himself for encouraging Peter in this relationship. He should've stopped this sooner.
"I see no reason not to." Stephen purses his lips. "He did create her after all."

Peter takes a few steps away from Tony and Stephen, slowly shaking his head.
"Am I the only one who actually cares about the fact that Asgard is crowded with sorcerers?"
"They're not really going to Asgard, though," Tony butts in. "I was joking." Peter's eye twitches.
"Where are they going then?!" Tony sucks at his teeth before reluctantly replying.
"Ravir."

...

"Loki... Back already?" The golden mist shifts as she feels Daphne's presence in her palace. "With a guest?" She solidifies quickly and approaches the Ice Prince of Asgard. He carries a sleeping Daphne in his arms.
"She had a very long day. Lost consciousness on the way here. She's exhausted," he sighs. "But I did not want to bring her to Asgard." He looks up at the golden sorceress. "Could she rest here while we discuss some things?" Ravir floats until she's standing opposite Loki and Daphne and she raises her hand to brush some of Daphne's hair out of her face. The Zephyr sleeps peacefully. Ravir looks up seductively to meet Loki's stare.
"I was hoping to show you the bedroom under other circumstances, but very well..." She smirks and turns. Gold dust falls down around her and Loki quickly takes a step back to prevent the dust from falling onto the teen in his arms.

Loki swiftly follows Ravir through the golden palace until they reach a large, golden door, that opens automatically as they approach. The bedroom behind it is exactly the same as the rest of the palace. Spacious, bright and completely made of gold. In the middle stands a bed that seems softer than any royal bed Loki has ever slept on in Asgard, even though it looks like it's solid metal. Loki follows Ravir into the room and eyes the sorceress before gently placing Daphne into the soft sheets. She's still wearing her torn, blue gala dress and her feet are bare, but when her body hits the mattress she sighs gratefully and curls up.