Chapter 5

(TIME-SKIP SO NOW BANGTAN AND THEIR NEW MANAGER ARE FAMILIAR AND COMFORTABLE AROUND EACH OTHER... NOW PRESENTING BTS PREPPING FOR THEIR COMEBACK FOR BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS... BUT ARE INCIDENTS ABOUT TO HAPPEN?)

BTS walked across the stage trying to get an idea of the spacing but the maknae line were messing around as usual, suddenly playing a game of tag dodging in and out of the other members and few staff. The sound of laughter and yells filled their ears and Jin turned to the scene with a fond look in his eyes. The older maknaes had caught Jungkook and had now tag-teamed into tickling him mercilessly. The maknae wiggled to avoid the fingers but couldn't stop the giggles from erupting from his throat. He pressed his sweater paws to his mouth to stifle them and Jin heard awwing from around him as the rest of the group focused their attention on them, Yoongi was looking with a tender softness in his eyes as he saw his group being carefree for the first time in a long while, preparing for the comeback had meant long hours at the studio and dance practice and they were so tired when they came home, that even Jin couldn't muster the energy to cook for them. Their manager had tried their best and had taken to dropping them off home, bringing them dinner and making sure they all ate before heading off home herself. If they worked hard, their manager had worked harder to ensure their comfort, being at BigHit before they arrived and leaving after they all stumbled to bed. Yoongi's eyes silently rove over to their young manager's instead, where she is sitting cross-legged observing the boys, a small smile on her face. He noted that she looked tired, exhausted even, her dark circles present for all to see, her face seemed drawn and she lethargically got to her feet, swaying slightly before walking over to them.

(Y/N) POV:

I rose to my feet, the movement making me light-headed for a moment, I shook my head quickly and walked towards the boys, a smile on my face naturally tugging at my lips at their light-hearted banter with each other. They really were a family, and every moment I saw them together it could be clearly felt. At the thought of family, my lips suddenly drooped, and I dropped my head with all the thoughts running through my head.

FEW HOURS EARLIER...

RIIIINNG! RIIIINNG! RIIIIIINNNNNG! The sound tearing me awake and jolting upright, my heart thumping loudly in my chest. I swivelled my head around trying to locate the source of the noise, my eyes tried to adjust to the darkness outside, I swiped my phone from under my pillow and squinted at the brightness of the incoming call. My heart dropped suddenly. A call from home... at this time? I mentally calculated the hour difference, it was 8pm back home but they all knew what time it was in Seoul. My heart hammering, my hands were shaking as I swiped the call to answer, bringing it up to my ear.

(THE PHONE CALL WILL BE IN FRENCH BUT IT'LL BE WRITTEN IN FRENCH, I'LL ADD A NOTE THE NEXT TIME THIS HAPPENS! ALSO HE ALSO IS CURRENTLY IN SEOUL- THEY'RE JUST USED TO SPEAKING IN FRENCH TO EACH OTHER)

"Hello...(Y/N)..." my brother's voice rang out, filling my ears with the familiar French, "I don't know if anyone's told you but Lia (your sister-in-law and close friend) has been rushed into hospital. She's undergoing surgery now, there was this horrible accident...and so much blood... and GOD she wasn't moving..." he broke off with a sob.

My throat seemed to seal up, I couldn't breathe...there was a lump there and I struggled to answer my brother, my eyes were blurring up and I didn't realise I was crying until I felt the warm drops fall on my lap.

"We were planning on surprising you with a visit, and she was so e—excited but as we were leaving the airport...I-I couldn't do anything and...Adam.... he..."

At that, my head suddenly started jumping to irrational thoughts, images of Adam lying on the ground, Adam crying, Lia lying lifeless and Adam beside her.