Adam Banks

Leaving class, Rosemary went to her locker to exchange her books for pompoms. She was the typical cheerleader and she'd been cheering for a few years now. Her older brother watched her cheer at the games and she usually watched his game, alongside her friends. "We're gonna be late, again, Romy." Katie spoke with a sigh.

"I'm trying." She answered, looking for her locker. After she found her locker, she left. In a hurry for cheer practice, Rosemary hurried along the down the hall in her cheer outfit. Her hair was down with a few pieces pulled back into a red bow. Katie followed beside her and when they arrived to the first floor, Katie pulled her around the corner in a hurry.

Running by, Katie decided to take a short cut to get to the field. Pulling open the large and heavy door, Katie ran inside the cold area first and Romy followed by. She could hear sticks slapping the ice and pucks hitting the boards. Cutting through, the girls ran around the corner by the stands and they ran into a few people, the girls falling back onto the sponge mats, designed for those who wore skates. 

Her hair in her face, Rosemary brought a hand up to move the hair out of her face and Katie got up in a hurry ushering out of the rink. "Katie!" Rosemary called out. Pushing the doors open, she left and the brunette was left n her own.

The Ducks were standing by the gate to enter the rink for their first practice and Rosemary was surrounded by JV hockey players and when a whistle went off, she looked to the ice. Sighing, she knew her brother would be coming off the ice soon. "Here." Someone spoke up.

She gazed up and notice a boy looking down to her, his hand out for her to take. She took his hand and he pulled her up, picking up her pompoms. "Cheerleader?" He guessed with a chuckle, shaking the pompoms around. She took them and pulled a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Um, thank you." She smiled.

She had seen this boy in particular earlier that day and she remembered him from the stage. He and his friends had ruined the auditorium's stage when they destroyed it. "I didn't catch your name."

"She didn't throw it." Luis smacked the boy and headed for the ice, but Varsity held them up as a Rick and Cole picked on Charlie and Fulton.

Rosemary laughed at the boys, she hadn't spoken to them at all that day and she didn't go near them. Being a cheerleader meant she hung around with cheerleaders and Varsity jocks: football, hockey, volleyball, baseball or basketball. She wasn't to be around JV jocks such as Adam Banks and his crew of Ducks.

"It's Romy."

"Romy?" He questioned, not sure what kind of name it was.

"Short for Rosemary. Like row, as in your boat." She began and he nods. "And me: M.E." She finished.

"I get it now." He nods. "It's a cool name." He told her.

"Hey!" Rick called, stepping by the Ducks and walked over to his little sister. He looked over to her and she bowed her head, embarrassed to have him seen her. Rick Riley stepped by his sister's side and threw an arm around her shoulder. Adam was taken back, not sure how Rick knew Rosemary. "What do you think you're doing with my little sister, Duck Boy?"

"Yeah." Cole called, joining in. Rosemary turned and faced her brother and Cole. 

"He's a friend, Rick." She spoke up.

"A bum like him isn't your friend. A guy who gets a free ride to our school is not a friend." He told his sister.

"Definitely not a Duck either." Cole trailed.

The Ducks watched the exchange from the ice. Rosemary stepped between her brother and Adam Banks before the conversation turned into something more than just words. She shoved her brother along and said she was heading out to cheer practice. When he walked off, growling to Adam Banks, she turned back.

"I'm sorry about him." She spoke up. "He's mad."

"Why?"

"Our brother lost his JV slot because of you guys." She spoke and Adam did feel bad, but Romy did not. "I actually don't mind it." She smiled. "You're all not bad looking." She walked by him. "And, if you don't mind, what's the name that goes with Banks?"

"It's Adam!" Averman yelled from the ice. "I'm Averman, by the way!"

She giggled. "Hi, Averman." She waved and looked back over to Adam. "Well, I have to get going. See your around school, Banks."

"If your brother doesn't get me first."

"He won't." She spoke and fixed her pompoms, jogging out of the arena. He watched her run off and she pushed the door open. She was bombarded by her cheerleading mates who came to look for her. She was ushered with them to the field.

Adam Banks thought Eden Hall was a real bummer with everything that had went wrong that day, but Rosemary Riley seemed to be the highlight of his day, maybe even his year. He didn't know what it was and he didn't exactly believe in love at first sight, but liking a girl from first sight made complete sense.