Chapter 1: The new guy

My alarm goes off. It's literally the worst thing you can hear in the mornings. I get up to put my slightly-ripped jeans, and yellow sweater on. Going down the stairs, I see dad sitting at the kitchen table.

My dad is a really well known doctor at a hospital, along with my uncles. They're not really my uncles, i'm just really close to them. Together, we all live at a house in Sydney, Australia. As for my mom, that's a different story.

Dad works as a general surgeon, Luke works as an ob-gyn, Calum works as a psychologist/pediatrician, and Micheal works in the orthopaedics field.

"Hey sweetheart, I got called in for surgery", dad tells me. "Micheal is going to take you to school". I give him an okay and grab myself an apple. I sit down at the table when Luke comes downstairs, whipped cream on his face.

"I cannot stand living with Micheal". Is all he says. Dad and I started cracking up.

Micheal then drives me to school. Going into the classroom , I see my best friends, Rose, Jess, and Zach. Rose is captain of the cheerleading team, which I am on. She is the most talkative person i've ever met.

Jess is really blunt. I promise, she is a fire cracker.

Zach, is in love with food. He is dating Rose, but I feel like he likes food better than Rose! We cannot go anywhere without stopping to get food.

"Rebekah, did you hear that there's going to be a new student", Rose says. Rose is also the gossiper of the group. She knows everything about everyone. "Apparently it's a guy".

Right after she says that, the classroom door opens. The whole room is silent.

Mr. Keenan gives him a smile and says, "Hello, you must be our new student?" The boy looks at him. "Yes sir, I am". He is literally the most handsome boy i've ever seen in my life.

He has fluffy, smooth brown hair, that I want to run my hair through. His blue sweater is so cute. The dimples on his face are so gorgeous!

"You can take a seat anywhere". I look to see there are 2 empty seats. One is beside Matthew, the classroom creep, and the other one is beside me.

He sees this and chooses to sit beside. OMG how am I supposed to focus, when there is a cute guy sitting next to me! He looks over to me. "Hi, i'm Carson". Even his name is perfect.

"I'm Rebekah", I spoke, hoping I didn't stutter.

"It's nice too meet you", he smiles at me. And with that, the class ends just as soon as it begins.

Rose comes over to me, Zach and Jess walking behind her. "OMG, you sooooo liked him", she giggles really creepily. A blush spreads across my face. As I am opening my locker, I hear Rose talking about how we would be cute together. "he's only been here for an hour", I get my books out of my locker.

Once the day has ended, I was standing outside waiting for someone, anyone at all to come and pick me up. There were only a few kids left when suddenly, I see Carson coming up to me.

"Hey, where's your ride", he asks me. I look at my phone while saying, "I don't know".

"Do you need a ride", he asks me. I give him a sincere smile. "Thankyou, but I don't need one". He sees his parent's car and says bye to me.

He's so sweet.

After an hour and a half of waiting, I decide to just walk home. After 30 minutes, I finally get home to see 4 boys standing in the living room. "Where were y'all", i ask them.

Calum looks at me. "We're so sorry, we had to get into surgery. It lasted 5 hours and we were just so exhausted. We woke up 5 minutes ago", he tells me. I begin to feel bad, knowing they were just doing there job, and probably were exhausted. I would be too.

"It's okay", I tell them. "We just feel so guilty, how long did you stay out there?" Dad asks me. "About a hour and a half", I tell them. I then started to walk home".

They all looked shocked. "You were outside for that long in this cold weather?", Calum asks me. I nod my head and sit down on the couch. My feet were aching, and probably had sores on them.

Wearing heeled boots, and walking for 30 minutes, wasn't ideal.

I took off my shoes, seeing that I was right.

The boys noticed my swollen and sore feet. Their faces showed more guilt. My phone then buzzes, and knowing Micheal, he grabs it out of my hands.

"Who's Carson?" He starts wiggling his eyebrows. Luckily, dad did not hear this. He would have a cow. I get up from the couch, grab my phone from Micheal, and go up the stairs. I go into my room, to see Micheal has followed me.

"He's no one". I tell him. Going into my bathroom to take a shower, I look at the text messages of the group chat.

Rose:u so like Carson
Rose: you can't deny it. It was true love at first sight
Zach: Rose, leave it alone. Ari dosen't want you in her biz.
Rose: did you really just say biz?
Jess: Can y'all stop texting? We all know Ari likes Carson... just leave it alone.
Beki: For the last time i don't!!

I turn off my phone to take a shower. Going into my room, I see Micheal has fallen asleep, probably waiting for me. I get into the bed with him and let sleep overtake me, thinking about Carson.