Chapter 9: Being sneaky

Rebekah's POV

My phone begins to ring. I answer it. Carson. "Hello".

"Hey Rebekah, can we talk".

I wonder what he wanted to talk about. "Yeah. Meet me at the park in 30 minutes".

"Yeah, I'll see you then". With that, I put on my converses and throw sweat pants and a hoodie on. I was going to do something stupid. I opened my window and climbed out.

When I reached the park, I saw Carson. "Hey Carson".

"Hey Rebekah. Listen, I wanted to talk to you about that kiss. Listen, I just can't be with you right now. I'm sorry, I just don't like you". I felt like going home and crying my eyes out.

"Totally, after all, it was just a dare", I say, trying to believe it. Why was I so sad. It's not like I like him like that. Or do I?

"Great, I'm glad we agree".

After 5 minutes of awkward silence, I speak up. "I have to go".

"Me too".

I walk back to the house. When I enter the front door, not caring if I got caught, I see the boys in the living room. "Rebekah Irwin, where were you? I was so worried you got kidnapped. We called you numerous times. Your mom is still out there. That was just stupid. I'm so disappointed in you. I expected more from you. You're grounded for 2 weeks.

To be honest, I didn't care. I started to cry. If crying is even a word anymore. I was full on sobbing.

"Baby, you don't have to cry. I know I got mad at you, but you don't need to cry". I shake my head. Dad dosen't know why I'm sad. I don't even know why I'm sad.

Luke chimes in. "Is there a bigger reason why you're so upset?" I nod my head.

I take a seat on the couch. "Beki, take your time. Explain what happened".

I start to explain what happened, crying more. "And I don't even know why I'm so upset".

Calum hugs me. "I'm sorry. I don't even know why Michael and I tried to set you up with him. If it's anyone's fault, it's ours".

"No, it's my fault. I shouldn't have thought that he would like me. I was lying to myself. You know what they say, the truth hurts".

Dad gives me a tissue. "Baby, you know that's not true. Carson is stupid for not liking you. He's probably going to go with one of those girls who wear a lot of makeup and are popular". I start to cry more.

"So you're saying I'm a loser who's not pretty".

"No no no, that's not what I'm saying. Princess, you keep twisting my words around". I get up from the couch.

"Whatever".