Chapter 27: Mornings and Movies

Rebekah's POV

I wake up to my aching muscles. Opening my eyes, I see that I had fallen asleep on the couch with Julian. I get up and go into the kitchen, seeing Calum making coffee, Dad reading something on his computer, and all of them having a conversation. "Good morning, I'm sure your muscles are feeling great form sleeping on that couch", Michael laughs.

I roll my eyes at him. "So other than the incident last night, how was your night over all?" Calum asks me. So, I told them the story. Hearing footsteps coming in the kitchen, I see Julian. "Hey", I greet him. "Do y'all want some breakfast?" Luke asks, making breakfast. "Yes please", Julian says, politely.

"For a bad boy reputation, you're awfully polite", everyone looks at me. "What are you talking about Rebekah?" Dad questions me, a confused look on his face.

How did they not notice Julian with his leather jacket. "Well at school, he's known as the 'bad boy' ". Julian looks down at the ground. "Okay, I'll go ahead and admit it. I stole my sister's candy when she was 3. Also, when I was little, my bed time was 8, and I went to bed 8:07", Julian jokes.

"No, to be honest, I don't know how I'm considered the bad boy. I don't listen to rumors because they don't know me". That's when it hit me. I shouldn't listen to other students that don't know me.

We sit down at the table and begin eating. "Rebekah, my parents want me home by dinner time, so if you're not busy, do you want to hang out?" Julian asks me. I look at the time 10.

"Yeah", I fill with excitement. The butterflies fill my stomach.

Calum, Dad, Luke, and Michael begin to talk about their day agenda. "I got to go to the grocery store", Dad complains. "We'll go to the grocery store for you", I volunteer.

"You really think I'm going to trust two teenagers to go grocery shopping for me?" Dad asks me. I began to think about it. "On second thought, you are probably right", I laugh.

Later, Julian and I are watching 'The Hunger Games', movies. I snuggle into his side. As I do this, he looks at me in confusion. "Is that a hickey on your neck?" I look at it, realizing it was from Jace.

Looking back to the screen, Julian grows impatient. "Rebeakah, tell me the truth", I shake my head. "If I tell you, you'll think I'm disgusting and would stop hanging out with me", I truthfully speak. "Rebekah, if you tell me, I promise I won't stop hanging out with you. You're a great person".

"When I was kidnapped, my Mom would hire men to come to the house to beat me, tear me down, rape me", I mumble and Julian hugs me. "Rebekah, I'm so sorry. I was so insensitive. Of course you wouldn't want to a guy you've only really knew for 3 days", he hugs me.

"I think you're an awesome and beautiful person, inside and out", we start to watch Mocking Jay.