Chapter 18: A lot of tears

Rebekah's POV

I knew it was going to make Dad mad. I knew I was going to get grounded.

"Rebekah, dinner time". I walk down the stairs. I see the boys all sitting at the table. Sitting at the seat next to Luke, I see them give each other questioning looks".

"Rebekah what did you do to your hair?" Calum asks me. He wasn't there when the boys had to pick me up. "I decided it was time for a change".

"Yes, but that 'change' also caused you a suspension".

"Wait, wait, wait. How can dying your hair get you a suspension?" Calum asks.

"It can when you're also wearing a tiny skirt, a crop top with no sleeves, and a buttload of makeup". They all look at me. "Rebekah, you don't have to change for the other students, if that's what your goal was", Calum says. The tears were rolling down my cheeks.

"It wasn't for them. It was for me. I wanted to feel like a new person. I didn't want to be myself. I wanted to feel different than who I actually was". I say, crying into my  hands. "I thought this look would make me feel more confident, and it did, until it started making me feel more self concious".

Dad starts to speak. "Baby, you don't have to change who you are. We love who you are. You're sweet, kind, beautiful, and so much more".

"Well even if you love me for who I am, I don't. They don't". I sob. I get up, kick my chair over, and run to my room.

I curl up into a ball on my bedroom floor. This is not how I expected my Thursday night to go.

I feel someone pick me up and carry me to their room. Dad. "I'm sorry", I cry. He shushes me softly. "It's okay. Here, you can have your phone back". I shake my head. "No, keep it. Nicole got my phone number a long time ago". He kisses my forehead and gives me a hug. "It's been a long day. Just get some sleep".