chapter 6: escapes

Ashton's POV

It has been a week since Rebekah's cheerleading competition. So far, things are going smoothly. Rebekah and her friend Carson have been hanging out at the house a lot.

Although she dosen't tell me, I'm pretty sure she has a crush on Carson.

As me and the boys were watching TV in the living room, Rebekah came down the stairs. "Hey can my friends come over and spend the night?"

"Will your crush be here?" Michael wiggles his eyebrow and his eyes widen.

"Mike, talk to me, what do you mean crush?" I put a hand on his shoulder.

"Rebekah has a crush on Carson". I think about it. "She's too young. Beki, you're too young". I say dramatically.

"Wait, were all of you in on this?" They nod their heads and tell the story. "What would I do without y'all?" I laugh. Seriously, if they weren't here, Rebekah and i would probably be homeless. They've done so much for me.

Rebekah and her friends go upstairs. As we turn on the news, we hear something we'd hoped we would never hear.

"Maddie Brookes has escaped the prison. She was arrested for"-

We all look at each other. What're we going to do?

I hear the familiar laughs of Rebekah and her friends. "Guys, we need to make sure one of us is with her at all times. Until Maddie is caught. I couldn't let what happened last time happen this time.

I didn't know what to do. Do I tell Rebekah? Do I act like everything's fine? I start to worry. Calum helps me with my breathing. "Dude, calm down. I know you're stressing, and so are we, but you have to stay calm".

He was right. I needed to calm down, for Rebekah.

That night, I twist and turn in my bed. Thoughts were filling my head.

So, I go into the closest room, which happened to be Luke's.

"Luke, can I stay in here with you?" He knows I don't do this often so he gets alarmed when I do. "Sure Ashton, do you wanna talk?"

I shake my head, tears running down my face. I was scared.

Luke and I had always had a bonding. All the boys and I did, but there were some closer bondings. After my mini meltdown we finally fell asleep. I just needed to take a deep breath and calm down.

An

I know it's not a lot. Who's Maddie?
Like, comment, VOTE

xoxoxo, glitterrainbow12345