Chapter 15: Tears pt.1

Rebekah's POV

I go into the school and walk to my locker. I see a note.

Dear loser,
You're so pathetic. Just go die. Not even Mathew the classroom creep could
ever be friends with you. Carson cheated on you. Said you were a
disgusting kisser. xoxoxo, Nicole

I stick the note into my bag.

During Lunch, I sit alone. I'm so patetic. I am such a loser. The tears fall. They were right. They were so right. I lay my head on the table. People knew that my mom was in jail. They knew she had escaped.

They thought I was just like her. Dangerous. A criminal.

I get a text from Calum.

calum: Hey, how is ur day?
me: good. hbu?
calum: It's going good. Anyway, just wanted to check on u.

Michael's POV

When Rebekah had gotten home, I had ordered pizza. Ashton and the boys had texted. they had an emergency surgery. Said it was major.

"So Rebekah, how was your day?" She shrugs her shoulders and mumbles a good.

Lately, she'd been distant. I don't know what happened. One day we were all happy, the next, she's yelling at us to shut up. Then I see it. Something fell out of her backpack.

It was a crumpled piece of paper.

Dear loser,
You're so pathetic. Just go die. Not even Mathew the classroom creep could
ever be friends with you. Carson cheated on you. Said you were a
disgusting kisser. xoxoxo, Nicole

Wait what?! Carson cheated on her. Who's Nicole? Now I get it, she was being bullied. Rebekah was struggling with this all on her own.

"Rebekah, get down here". She walks down the stairs.

"Care to explain what this is?" She looks shocked.

"It's a joke. We put the crude in crude humor". She laughs. I knew she was lying, but I pretended to go along with it. "Okay".

There was no way that was just crude humor. I decided to let it go, but stay on high alert.

Rebekah's POV

2 weeks have passed. The bullying hasn't stopped.

When I got to my locker, it was spray painted on. It said really crude names on it. b****, s***, go die, kill yourself, I saw a picture of me with a donkey's body. The tears wouldn't stop.

Class had already started. I lean against the lockers and slide down. Nicole started walking down the hallway. "I told you the fun part has only began. It gets more worse than this".

She starts to slap me. and kicks me. "You deserve this. Every bit of this".

Nicole finally leaves me alone. I get out my phone. I begin to cry.

"Daddy, can you please come get me?"

"Beki, what's wrong. Don't worry I'm on my way there".

"Rebekah, what are you doing out of class?" I look to see coach. She looks up at my locker. "Oh my gosh, whose locker is this?"

I sniffle. "It's mine".

"Come on, lets go talk to the principal. Do you want to call Ashton?" All the staff and administrators  knew the boys really well, considering every year they came for school check ups.

"I already did".

"You have bruises on your face. Who did this?" I shake my head. She wouldn't believe me if I told her.