Chapter 16: More Tears pt.2

Ashton's POV

As I got on my break, I went into Luke's office. Very rarily did we have lunch breaks together. Heck, we rarily got lunch as it is. All the boys were in there. "Hey", they wave back to me.

Together, we had ate the chicken stew I had made last night. My phone started to ring. It was Rebekah. The boys look at me in confusion. "Why is Rebekah calling you. She should be in class".

I shrug my shoulders at Calum's question and answer the phone. i put the phone on speaker for the boys to hear.

"Daddy, can you please come get me?" I hear Rebekah start to cry.

"Beki, what's wrong. Don't worry I'm on my way there". I say.

"We will come with you", Luke says.

By the time we get to the school, I see Rebekah with the principal and her coach. "Beki what happened?!" She continues to cry. I see the bruises. "Mr. Irwin, we would like for you to follow us". We walk to a hallway. We stop at a locker. It has been spray painted with crude words on it.

"Mr. Irwin, someone has spray painted your daughter's locker". I look at the words on it. "This is so unexceptable. Someone is telling my daughter to go die. To kill herself. Who did this?"

"Umm sir, we don't actually know who did this. I asked Rebekah who she thought did it, but she said she didn't know".

"Well don't you have any cameras?" Luke asks. "Umm we'll look at the footage and get back to you on who did it". He says.

"I'm taking her out of school for the rest of the day". With that, I take Rebekah's hand and walk with her and the boys to the car. "Rebekah, baby, don't listen to them. Their words mean nothing".

She looks out the window. "Easier said than done".

Michael shoots up. "You lied to me. You said y'all just used crude humor. I knew you were lying this whole time". Rebekah seems to start crying more.

"Mike, what are you talking about?" Luke asks him. He grabs a note out of his pocket.

Dear loser,
You're so pathetic. Just go die. Not even Mathew the classroom creep could
ever be friends with you. Carson cheated on you. Said you were a
disgusting kisser. xoxoxo, Nicole

We get out of the car and go into the house. "Rebekah, this isn't just crude humor. You need to tell us what is going on. We want to help you, but we can't help if you don't tell us".

"Fine you want to know what's going on. It was all a dare. Nicole dared Jess and Rose to be my friends. Zach had to follow along with it because he was Rose's girlfriend. Carson Never liked me. He freaking cheated on me. For the past 2 weeks I've been laughed at, talked about, bullied, and picked on. No body sits with me at lunch anymore. I am done with feeling lonely and useless. I can't do it anymore". She runs up the stairs.

"I feel so stupid. That's why she was acting so distant. All along she's been acting like everything is fine. My little girl is back to phaze one".

"Ash, don't beat yourself up about it. You know well that it's nobodies fault". Calum tries to comfort me.

I go to Rebekah's room. It's locked. I hear the sobs of her. "Beki, baby, can I come in?" She opens the door and give her a hug. She starts to cry more. I feel so bad for her. Being cheated on, being lied to.

"It's okay, just let it out".