Chapter 4: Cheerleading competion

Ashton's POV

Today was the day of Rebekah's cheer competition. On cheer days, she was excited. "Why is she such a cheerleader?" Calum asks as it was only 7:00am

I chuckle at this and start cutting up fruit for Rebakah. "Good morning to you too". See, Rebekah has the same peppy attitude I had. I loved that about her. She had her bad days, just like me, but she learned to look on the bright side.

The boys and I were actually the ones to get her into cheer. She's loved it ever since.

I hear Rebakah coming down the stairs. Calum comes to greet her from the bottom of the stairs. Big mistake.

"Good morning Bek- OWW!!!" Rebekah comes down, while doing a cartwheel. She ends up hitting him in the face. Calum had a bloody nose. "Rebekah Isabella Irwin!" I yell at her.

"Why would you do something so stupid as to do a freaking cartwheel down the stairs". I yell at her. "Luke, go get Michael an ice pack", Luke does as said.

"You could've hurt yourself, Calum, anyone in this house hold". I see tears roll down her cheeks. "I'm sorry", she walks back up the stairs. Calum gives me a disapproving look. "That was a bit harsh", he says to me. I nod my head. "I know".

I go up the stairs and knock on the door. I hear a few sniffles. "Beki, can I come in there?" she opens the door in her shorts and a sports bra. We don't really care, considering i'm a doctor.

I go in there and shut the door. "Baby, i'm sorry I yelled at you, I just got so scared". She nods her head, as she puts her uniform on. "I shouldn't have done that cartwheel".

I come and hug her, kissing her forehead.

"So, do i get to meet this Carson dude?" I ask her. She looks at me. "Only if you promise not to embarass me". she speaks, putting her bow on. "I promise. Oh i'm going to embarass the heck out of her.

She begins to put her make up on. "You don't need make up", I tell her. "Dad, yes I do, it's my competition make up. All cheerleaders are supposed to wear it". I frown.

At the competition

Rebekah's team gets announced. They all run out onto the gym mat waving and smiling.The music starts playing and they start dancing. Rebekah gets on the pyramid and she flashes her smile.

Michael then leans over and says, "Why are they bending her leg at such an awkward angle?" "I don't know".

I look at it closely. They were bending her leg at an awkward angle. That couldn't be good. Her face had turned bright red. The others looked worried. After she'd gotten off the pyramid, you could tell she was in pain. The others were helping her, making her dance easier, while making it look good.

During the other performances, Rose had come to us. "Guys, Rebekah needs help". We all jump up at that. In the dressing rooms, we go in to see Rebekah sitting there, fresh tears rolling down her face.

"What happened?" Luke asked her. "When we were getting on a pyramid, my leg had snapped higher than it was supposed to go. Micheal takes a look at it. "Did you stretch?" She looks at us, guiltly.

"I didn't have time to finish. I was running late on my schedule". Micheal gives her the, 'are you serious?' look. "There is a reasonwhy I tell you to make sure you stretch good. You've dislocated your leg. This is going to hurt like crap".

On the drive to the hospital, I see a worried Rebekah. "Beki, everything is going to be fine". She nods her head, not listening to a word i'm sayong. Oh the joys of parenting.

Getting Rebekah a hosipital room, Micheal gives her some pain medictation. "Okay, this is going to hurt a lot. I gave you some pain medication, it's not too strong but hopefully it will help".

Rebekah nodded. "Okay, Ashton, sit on the bad with Beki and just hug her. Calum, keep her in place". Micheal instructs. "I'm going to count to 10". By the time he gets to 5, he had set it back into place, and had put a cast on it.

Rebekah was completely sobbing. "It's okay baby. The hard part's over".