Chapter 13: Hiding something

Ashton's POV

What the heck was that? When I called her down for dinner, rebekah seemed off. "Beki, dinner time".

She sits down at the table.

Michael looks at her. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. It was just a long day". I could tell something was up. I could tell she was struggling with something. I didn't ask, knowing she wouldn't tell me. So, I just let eveything play out.

"On Saturday, we were thinking of driving down to the beach. You can invite your friends to go there". I change the subject.

"Yeah, you can invite your boyfriend". Calum starts to tease her. Her stare freezes on the table.

"Aww, she's embarrassed". Luke adds.

"Did you see your boyfriend today?"

A tear rolls down her face. "SHUT UP!" Everyone jumps and gets startled. This just gave us the proof we needed, to confirm that something was in fact bothering her.

"Rebekah Marie, that was rude. They were just joking". I tell her.

She completely ignores me and runs to her room (BTW she got her cast taken off. I forgot to mention that.)

We all look at each other in shock. "What the heck was that?" Luke asks. Michael decides to speak up. "I think something happened at school".

See, Rebekah hardly ever yells. When something's up, her defense mechanism is to get mad, or lie.

"I'm going to go talk to her". With that, I excuse myself and walk up the stairs. I walk in to see her looking at a photo album. There Rebekah was, sitting on the floor against the bed, knees to her chest. The sight was heartbreaking. I sit down with her and put my arm around her.

"Baby, I know something is wrong. I'm your dad. I'm not going to be one of those parents who force you to tell. If you ever need to talk, or tell me what's going on, I'll be here. When you come to me with a problem, I'll be here to listen. We will find a solution". The tears roll down her face, and a sob escapes her lips.

The boys come in the room. "Rebekah, we're sorry. We teased you too much and it was out of line". she shakes her head. "It wasn't you. Today was just stressful. I'm sorry that I yelled at you".

"It's okay. Calum needed to be yelled at". Michael says. She lets out a small laugh.

What was going on with her?