Chapter 2: Phone Numbers & the feeling of angriness.

Rebakah's POV
At lunch the next day, Jess, Rose, Zach, and I were sitting at our usual table. As usual, the conversation was over something stupid.

I was taking a bite of my fruit when Rose points out, "Look, Carson's coming over here". I look, and sure enough, she was right, Carson was walking over to our table.

"Hi, can I sit here?" He looks at us shyly. I knew what that feeling was like. Being the new kid who didn't know anyone. It was tough. That's a story for another time.

Zach speaks up for us. "Sure, have a seat". Of course, the only open seat is beside me. He sits beside me, when I get a text message from someone.

Rose: you're looking mighty uncomfortable over there. Your cheeks are as red as a tomato:)

I look up at her with a glare, by which she just smile smugly at me.

"So Carson, where did you come from?" Rose asks him. "I came from Nebraska", he says. This is where Jess makes her smart mouthed comments.
"Oh, I hope the dairy farm is doing all right", she says, mocking a southern girl. I told you she was like a fire cracker.

Carson stares at her blankly before he bursts out laughing. His laugh was one that was contagious. Soon, we were all laughing. I look to him.
"Don't mind her, she'll go crazy if she isn't able to say one sarcastic thing each minute".

By this, he starts laughing harder. Like I said, his laugh is contagious. We were all laughing. Tables around us were looking at us like we were crazy. By this point, we didn't care.

At the end of lunch, Carson walks next to me. "Hey, can I get your phone number?" He looks at me nervously.

I give him my phone number, not believing that he'd actually asked me for it.

While we were reading our text books in Science, I get a text on my phone. I finish reading the chapter and then get on my phone, since the teacher told us we could.

I look on my phone to see that an unknown number had texted me.

Unknown: So loser, I hear you're hanging out with the new guy. Well listen here, he's mine. Stay away. Who'd ever want a freak like you? Nobody, that's who. If you're lucky, maybe Matthew the creep will be willing. If you don't do as I say, you can kiss your friends and spot on the cheerleading team goodbye. I suggest doing as I say, the choice is yours. -xoxo, Nicole

I look at the note angrily. I can't believe Nicole would do this. She can get any guy she wanted. She literally has a boyfriend.

Nicole is my lifelong enemy. She is always so self centered. My and her dad work in the same hospital so sometimes we would be forced to hang out together.
My dad dosen't like her father either. He always buys me ice cream after those times.

I'm not going to stay away. I can't prove to her that she has the upper hand. This needs to stop now.

After cheer practice, Olivia, the cheer captain, drives me home. I get home to see the big spin chair has been moved from dad's office. I shut the door and see the big spin chair turn around to show Micheal.

He was literally petting a stuffed animal cat. The room was also dark with curtains closed. "Well, well, well. What do we have here?" I'm seriously worried for Micheal.

"Trying to escape the converstion yesterday, aren't we now?" He gives me an evil grin.

"I told you, Carson is just a guy from school". I tell him. "That's not what Rose and Jess were making it sound like", he said. "I will tell Ashton if I have to. Ashton won't like what he hears", he continues.

I give in. "Okay fine, I will tell you. Just don't tell dad, and put the cat down". He pouts and whines "I like holding the cat". I look at him like he's stupid.

"You realize the cat is just a stuffed animal, right?" I ask him. "He is not. He is my precious baby, and it's a she for your information.

I begin to tell him all about when he first came here, how he sat beside me in english, how he asked me for a ride, when he asked me for my phone number, I leave out the part about Nicole, though.

He can live without those details.

By the end of the story, Micheal looks at me with a big smile on his face. "BEKI HAS A CRUSH, BEKI HAS A CRUSH, BEKI HAS A-" the front door opens. Calum walks in.

"What's all this I hear about Rebekah having a crush?" He looks at me suspiciously. "Rebekah met a guy at school yesterday, and has the hots for him", micheal laughs.

I can feel my cheeks heating up. "I do not have the hots for him, thank you very much". I say defensively.

Ok, now that I think about it... maybe I did have a tiny little crush on him.

Calum comes over and pinches my cheeks. "Awww, little baby Beki has her first crush and is embarrassed about it", he talks in a baby voice. The both start cracking up.

My cheeks are probably as red as a tomato.

"Guys, this is serious, I don't know what to do", I say getting nervous. Micheal comes over and hugs me. "Don't worry Beki, we'll be your wingmen". Calum chips in, "yeah, totally".

To be honest, I am already kind of scared by this plan.

What do y'all think is going to happen? Will Nicole get involved?
Will Micheal and Calum embarrass her? probably.