Chapter 25: Julian

Rebekah's POV

Dad, Calum, Luke, and Michael had to go into work. I was taking the day off from school, walking around the hospital. As I was walking around the building, I hear someone calling my name.

"Hey Rebekah, wait up", I look behind me to see Julian. As I mentioned, he was the school's 'bad boy'. I've never really talked to him much. He stood up for me that one day, but I wasn't sure if he even knew me.

"How do you know my name?" I ask him. "Well, we have English together", he smiles.

"So what're you doing here?" He asks me.

"I could ask you the same thing", I take a seat with him on the plastic chairs. "Well my little sister broke her arm a couple months ago. She's getting the cast off today. You haven't been to school in a while", he points out to me.

"Were the rumor's true? Did you really get kidnapped?"

I nod my head. "I was", I speak truthfully. "I'm glad you're okay. I know I don't talk to you, but I think you're a really cool and awesome person, no matter what anybody at school says",

"Do you want to exchange numbers?" Julian rubs the back of his neck.

"Yeah", we exchange numbers. "I got to go. I'll text you later", I say bye to him.

Later that afternoon, my phone buzzes.

Unknown: Hey it's Julian
me: Hi Julian
Julian: I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me.
I understand if you don't want to, and we can just forget this
ever happened.
me: Relax, I'll go out with you
Julian: Okay, what about tomorrow at 7?
me: Sounds good, I'll see you then

I squeal and dance around my bedroom. I run down the stairs and dance around the kitchen. Calum and Michael join in. "Wait, why're we dancing?" I laugh.

"A guy asked me out!" Dad chokes on his juice. Luke pats his back. "Who?!" He asks. "A guy named Julian. He's in the grade above me. He stood up for me when people were bullying me. We never rally talked until today. I saw him at the hospital, and we sort of started talking", I tell them the story.

"Did you give him an answer?" Luke asks.

"Well I sorta told him, so we're going on a date tomorrow at 7", I say innocently.

"Okay, you can go on the date, but I have to meet him", Dad sighs. We stare at him surprised. "But are you sure you're ready to go on a date with a guy? You were just kidnapped",

"I'm sure", he seems nice.

The guys were always there for me when I needed them to be. Even when I was struggling and broken, they still managed to pick up the pieces. That's what I love about them.