Prologue

The New Kid

Lana was exhausted from cheer. It was the end of a long school week and she honestly just wanted to be alone. But, as she walked down the stairs towards her basement she got the exact opposite.

It was the normal group of teens that was always there but there was a new face today. He had black hair and a tan that made everyone else who lived in the midwest state look like snow. He was sitting on the ground like a lost puppy and the rest of the boys and Donna were watching tv.

"Who's the kid?" Lana asked while taking out her high ponytail and throwing her sweaty clothes in the laundry machine.

"We call him Fez" Hyde said not looking up from the tv.

"we rescued him from a janitor's closet" Eric said "he was stuck on a coat hook".

"Yeah he's foreign" Kelso said with excitement and jumped off the couch to go to the freezer. "give him a popsicle made he'll saying something"

Lana hit Kelso on his shoulder, "He's not a dog Kelso he's a person with feelings and if he wants to say something he'll do it in his own time" she explained in her mothering voice she gets when she's talking to Kelso.

"Thank you nice lady" Fez said from the floor.

"Call me Lana" She said as she sat down in Kelso's old spot and ruffled the new kid's hair and handing him a popsicle.

"So I've been thinking about asking out this girl jackie" Kelso said lifting up lana's feet to sit back down on the couch. "and best part is she's a cheerleader".

The grin on his ridiculous face was priceless as he thought everyone would cheer for him. But everyone was silent.

"Wait are you talking about Jackie Burkhart" Lana said sitting up. "Kelso jackie is one of my best friends but she's a major brat and she is totally self-centered. are you sure you want to date her?"

"Well damn Lana." Kelso exclaimed "I think I know what I'm doing"

"Your funeral" Lana chuckled.

The night went on as it usually did. Donna and Eric talking over the tv, hyde making inappropriate jokes about anything and everything, and the usually jab at someone's expense that resulted in Kelso yelling "Burn".

Lana looked around at all of her friends who've become her family and realized she's never been happier than she is right now.