forty-two

The Breakup

Lana and Hyde were sat in her room, cuddling like usual, Lana laying her head on his chest and Hyde hands on the back on her thighs and lower back

Lana and Hyde were sat in her room, cuddling like usual, Lana laying her head on his chest and Hyde hands on the back on her thighs and lower back. Lana was playing her favorite Abba Album, Arrival. Hyde didn't like Abba in the slightest but for Lana he would listen to them.

The song switched and the new one began. It was her favorite song, "Why did it have to be me" came on. She shot her head up and had the biggest smile on her face.

She got up and turned up the volume on her record player. Hyde waited for her to lay back down. But, Lana begin swaying her hips to the music.

"Lana come back" Hyde whined, Lana chuckled and teasingly shook her head no. She grabbed her hair bush from her desk and started half-singing, half lip singing to the song.

"I only wanted a little love affaire" Lana lip singed along with the song, Hyde started laughing at how silly she was being.

"Now I can see you are beginning to care" Lana said sitting on her chair a kicking her legs up slightest, "But, baby, believe me, it's better to forget me"

on the last line of the chorus she flipped her hair around and look at Hyde and shrugged her shoulder slightly . Hyde had the biggest smile on his face, and Lana was out of breath. She walked over to the record player and turned the volume down a little bit.

She walked back over to the bed and startled Hyde's legs. He was now sitting up, resting his back against her headboard. Hyde gently grabbed her by her face and kissed her, she smiled into the kiss. They pulled away, both smiling. They went back to cuddling and fell asleep.

🌸🌸🌸

The twins were in the basement, Eric was sitting on the couch counting money. Lana was sitting in Hyde's spot, reading a book.

The basement door opened and Hyde and Kelso walked in.

"Hey, whatcha doin'?" Kelso asked as he took off his jacket.

Lana stood up with out taking her eyes off of the book. Hyde sat down in his chair and pulled her down onto his lap. she swung her legs over his and her wrapped his arms tightly around her waist

"Just countin' my secret stash." Eric said as he continued to flick through the paper bills, "I'm gettin' something special for Donna."

"Something special, huh? Oh, is it firecrackers?" Kelso asked excitedly

Eric furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "No."

"No, no, 'cause if it's somethin' that blows up, I'll go halfsies." Kelso offered

"It's a promise ring." Eric confessed, " 'Cause, you know, Donna and I have been fighting a lot lately."

"Yeah cause that makes so much sense, a promise ring will fix everything" Lana said sarcastically as she flipped the page in her book, "The same logic that married people have when they are fighting and say lets have a baby! that'll fix everything"