thirty-one

Seeing Red

Things in the house had been tense

Things in the house had been tense. Red decided that he wasn't going to let anything slide anymore. The house was a prison. Kitty was making brownies, Laurie was reading the paper, and Lana and Hyde were stirring the brownie batter.

Red dragged Eric out of the Cruiser, that everyone had lost privileges to, and brought him inside,"Geez, I wish I had a quarter...for every time I caught you making' out with the neighbor girl!" Red exclaimed

"I wish I had a quarter for every time you embarrassed me." Eric retorted

Red turned around ,"I wish you did too, 'cause then you'd be a millionaire...and you could find someplace else to live."

"What?" Eric looked around," And... leave all this?"

Kitty picked up a plate ,"Okay, fellas. Who wants brownies and a nice glass of milk?" Lana shot her hand up.

"Oh, geez," Red sighed, sitting down at the table

"Daddy, I think it's great you gave Eric and Hyde a curfew. These boys, they need structure," Laurie nodded ,"Well, I'll see ya!" She said, standing  up.

"Where do you think you're going?" Kitty asked

Laurie thought for a moment, "To... night church?"

"Wow that was just pathetic," Lana said shaking her head.

"Sorry, honey. Curfew's for everyone," Red explained

"But, Daddy, it's me!" Laurie objected

"Look, what they did is bad...but you sneakin' around with Kelso,
that's just... unpleasant," Red said

Lana thought for a moment before asking, "Wait a minute, why the hell am I here?"

Kitty and Red looked at each other, neither of them really had an answer. "Because I said so" Red shrugged not knowing what else to say

"But, Daddy, I'm not seeing Kelso." Laurie said

"Untrue!" Hyde yelled. "A damnable lie!" Eric pointed. "Bullshit!" Lana laughed, all of them said as  if cued by Laurie's lie.

"Now I know what you're in trouble for," Red said to Lana," You need to watch that mouth of yours". Lana just nodded her head and turned back to stirring the batter.

"A curfew?" Laurie sighed and started to walk out, " I'm stuck in this house with you people all night? This sucks!"

"Well, we're just thrilled about it!" Kitty said sarcastically.

Eric leaned against the counter," All right. There's an upside to all this. I took her down with me."

 "Nice job," Hyde said getting up, and dragging Lana out with him.

🌸🌸🌸

The next day, everyone sat on the basement.

Hyde was in his regular seat, thinking, Stop looking at me! Stop looking at me! Stop looking at me!

Jackie sat on the edge of the couch, looking at him, Please look at me. Hey! Psst. I love you, Steven. I have secret love powers.Look at me!