thirty-two

The Bartender

🌸🌸🌸

Lana and Hyde were trying to find some alone time together but it was pretty difficult. Kitty being home all the time was better than Red been there, but she was too involved sometimes. 

Hyde suggested that they go out somewhere and they decided on going to a bar. But, Kelso overheard and invited himself. And then Eric and Fez decided to tag along.

Hyde and Lana walked into the bar, Hyde's arm was around Lana's shoulder. "Isn't this fun?" Lana asked, "You know what would make it more fun? If we were alone!" she said glaring at the others.

Kelso just shrugged his shoulders," Don't mention a bar if you don't want us to come!"

"All right! They didn't even check our fake I.D.'s!" Eric said excitedly, "What you two were going out alone?"

Lana rolled her eyes, "You know what would make it more believable? Not yelling out that you have a fake I.D"

"And I wasted a whole day thinking up my fake name!" Fez sighed

"Yeah. Sorry, "Pez," Hyde scoffed,"Let's drink!" they walked to the bar, Hyde's arm went around Lana's waist.

The bartender turned around, "So, fellas, school let out early?"

Kelso began to stamper nervously, Lana didn't know why since he's the only one of age in the group.

Lana looked up at Hyde expecting him to think it was funny too, but his demeanor had completely changed. His jaw was clenched, and he was staring at the bartender intensely. Lana furrowed her brows, and nudged him slightly, but he didn't notice

"Relax, guys. Its "Serve a Minor Night" at the old "Don't Have a Liquor License" Saloon," the bartender joked

He handed the each teens a beer, but he stop in front of Hyde and Lana," You look familiar. Do I know you?" he asked Hyde

Hyde nodded, "I should hope so... Dad"

Everyone turned to Steven in shock, including his father. 

"Hey! Steven!" Hyde's father grabbed his free hand, shaking it.

"Wow! So you're Hyde's Dad?" Kelso said  with a grin

Hyde's dad laughter, "Well, that's what his mother says. Kidding."

"Hello, Mr. Hyde's Dad," Fez waved, "I am Pez. I've heard much about you."

"Good things, I hope," Hyde's dad smiled

"There's not much good to tell," Lana said with her eyebrows furrowed

"Well, if running out on your family and becoming a drunk is good, then, yes," Fez nodded

"Okay, guys. Let's... look over here!" Eric said, wanting to get away from the awkward conversation.

Lana slipped out of Hyde's grip, but he grabbed her hand, stopping her from leaving. Hyde's dad walked around the bar to get a better look at his son.

"Wow!" Hyde's dad exclaimed, "Look at you!You're... bigger-and you got your mom's hair...and her sideburns." He said looking at Hyde before turning his attention to Lana, "I'm sorry I didn't get your name" he said extending his hand out for a handshake.