Chapter 1

"Get up Kayla, stop being a brat! Summer's over, and it's clear you weren't practicing!" Brianna's annoying high pitched voice screeched.

Like what the actual hell!

School doesn't start till next week. Let a girl rest.

I mean I do admit I haven't been practicing because I was on vacation with my now ex boyfriend Jace and a group of friends in Vegas.

Yea, the asswhole cheated on me while we were on vacation together. Not to mention he did it in the hotel room we were sharing.

The hotel that I paid for!!

I groaned in frustration, getting off the grass where I sat comfortably.

Joining the girls in doing laps on the field.

I'm exhausted!

I literally did six laps and she still thought it wasn't enough.

I know you're thinking, 'Why stay on the team if the Captain's being a bitch?' and my answer is, well I want to get into Cal Arts and I really love the art of confirmation. And judging by the fact that cheerleading is the only form of art close to dance at this school... I have to do it.

It's the whole, "being in school groups gives you leverage shit which has me here."
And trust me, it's hell!! Like literally!!

"Take five, Kayla get over here!" Brianna called out.

I jog over to her already aware of what she was going to say. It's the same thing everytime.

She body shames me, makes me feel like crap in front of everyone then they all have a good laugh.

"Listen fatty, you've been lagging on routines and if you can't get it together then you're off the team. I mean it's not like the team needs you. You're only here cause the everyone pities you." She said blankly.

That stung.

"I- I am..." I stuttered.

I couldn't take it anymore, I run. I run like there was no tommorow. That hurt, it really did.

I stormed back to the school building as all the girls laughed.

My vision was blurry. I tried going to the girls locker but I bumped into something. A very hard yet soft something, knocking me off my feet, causing my glasses to fall somewhere.

I looked up through my blurry vision, making out that I in fact bumped into someone.

I couldn't quite see who is was through my teary eyes.

"Let me help you with that."

I froze. I know that voice. Is that- it can't be.

The figure slid my glasses onto my face.

Oh no.

It was Aiden, Aiden Rush. Captain of the basketball team. He's muscular, his brown hair looked really soft and his hazel orbs stared coldly into mine. Also they guy who's sat back and watched his friends bully me. He hadn't done anything to me personally but I still despised him.

Our eyes lock. Something in the pit of my stomach is telling me to run and hide but i just keep staring into his hazel eyes.

We stay like this, just staring at each other, my butt flat on the tiled floor. I carefully examine his features. His eyes are mysterious with walls built up around them, I couldn't grasp any emotion from them. These eyes that no one can figure out, I study them carefully. This is the closest I've ever been to him.

For a slip second I swear I saw his eyes soften a bit. But I must have imagined it cause his walls were back up I a millisecond.

He clears his throat, breaking the intense state off. "Watch where you're going nerd." His voice was rude, harsh even, completely different from his first statement to help me. He stepped over me like I wasn't even there in he first place.

Ouch

And besides; because I wear glasses does not mean I'm a nerd.

Honestly this day couldn't get any worse.

I got up off my butt and headed to the girls locker room deflated.

I can't believe I have to be back at this hell whole first thing on Monday.

I'm not ready for this just as yet...
______________
KS

THANKS FOR READING. THE FIRST CHAPTER IS DONE! I'M SO EXCITED TO CONTINUE THIS BOOK.

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

PEACE OUT ‼️😝