Chapter 32

I hate hospitals. They give me the heebie-jeebies.

This place is awful. Sick people everywhere, it literally smells like crap.

No offense.

Unfortunately for me I come here about two times a year cause of the same reason.

Asthma...

After I got rushed to the hospital, I got treated with a dose of corticosteroids then sent home.

Aiden on the other hand, I don't want to talk to him. He's a jerk, and I was stupid for changing my opinion about him in the first place. If there's one thing I've learned is that you can never change asswholes, that's just who they are periodt. It's just really unfortunate cause it's two days before the dance and I already bought my dress. Like hell, where else will I wear it to, prom? And of course I did start liking the fuck face... A lot.

But, it's clear these feelings are one sided. I mean I know he's a douchey player but kissing a girl who isn't your Winter Formal date two days before the dance is Ludacris. I know we aren't dating, but I can't help the feeling of being stabbed in the chest a million times.

"How could you not told us about this?" Mia said trying to refrain from shouting.

After I straight up slipped in and out of consciousness Jordan arrived and saved my ass yet again. He called an ambulance and luckily had the spare keys to my car.

I couldn't look my friends in the eyes. "Because it's not something to be proud of. I don't go around telling everyone I'm asthmatic, I don't want anyone's sympathy." I say in a soft tone.

"Kayla this is not a pity party. Something really bad could have happened. We were worried sick, and what worried us even more is the fact that we didn't even know what was going on." Amy put a comforting hand on my shoulder. "You think it's fun to see my best friend being wheeled into an ambulance I didn't even know the reason?"

"I know, and I'm sorry. I should've been honest with you guys. I mean I hid a lot from you. The contortion, the asthma. I thought if I kept it a secret between just me and my family it would spare me the drama and unwanted attention." I said truthfully.

This is some serious stuff. When I was fifteen I had an asthma attack. It was a much worse situation than this.

I mean I've had attacks while out in public, or alone with no help anywhere near. But last time it was brutal.

We were having a family barbeque in our backyard. Everything was perfect, well until I saw my aunt screwing her boss in the bushes. I was standing near the pool. Next thing I knew, I was having an asthma attack and fell into the pool. No one noticed until a minute after I started drowning.

I was rushed to the hospital and kept in room number five. So ever since that day, Jordan and I said if I ever had another attack and needed help just shout code five and wherever he was he'd get me help ASAP.

And I've never broken that promise. Everytime I'd have an attack, if I was strong enough I'd say or text him these two words.

Code five...

"We understand. But what triggered it in the first place?" Amy cocked an eyebrow.

I bowed my head.

I can't believe Aiden would do something like that to me. First he asks me out then he's kissing someone else. I mean what'd I expect. He never stopped being a man hoe after all.

"Asthma doesn't always have a reason to attack. Sometimes it just does." I said, I mean it's half true, but I think Mia saw right through that lie.