Chapter 30

Recap

What happened next left me in utter shock.

Aiden burst out of the box, the balloons now floating off to freedom. He walked down the carpet dressed in a button down shirt and roses in his hands.

He was walking towards me where I stood at the end of the carpet...

He handed me the roses which I accepted.
I love roses, they're my favorite flowers.

Aiden wore a smile which held a mixture of sincerity, nervouness and hopefulness.

"Kayla Rachel Sansion, you're literally the best person I've ever met." One of his teammates handed him a poster decorated in bright colors. "It would be wack of you to not stun on our classmates at the Winter Formal with me." He recited the words written on the poster.

My heart melted, my free hand covering my mouth with shock.

I felt overwhelmed. It was like a mixture of happiness, sadness and a weird fluttering and yearning feeling in my chest all at the same time.

I shook my head yes. "I wouldn't wanna be wack now would I?" I leaped into his arms. He let out a sigh of relief and I relaxed in his embrace.

Those around us either cheered, sent me nasty looks or started whispering. A few of them still filming, including Amy. But it didn't matter, all I could focus on was him.

This was perfect. I mean how could I have said no? He kinda proved what I wanted him to, he somehow knew my favorite color and my middle name which I'd never told him. He got me my favorite flowers and went all out with the heart shaped balloons.

He must've gotten help from someone, someone who knows me really well. But that's not what was important in the moment.

After a few seconds we pulled away from the hug.

"I'm so happy you said yes." He beamed.

"I'm flattered you chose to ask me." I returned his cheeky smile.

"I mean why me? You're popular and can have any girl in school you want. And yet you ask me." I looked down.

Insecurities now flooding the once positive thoughts which crowded my head seconds ago.

He lifted my chin with his finger. "Because you're different in so many different ways. You're my special cupcake out of the entire dozen." He cupped my cheek.

I blushed incontrollably. "A cupcake, really? Is that the best you've got?"

"I know you think I'm an asswhole so I'm just gonna come out and say it." He took a dramatic pause. "You're so fucking savage." He rolled his eyes.

I pinched his muscular arm, tho I'm sure it barely even affected him.

"And abusive." He added chuckling a deep chuckle which caused a deep vibration to travel from his chest to mine.

People started going back to class as the bell rang.

This was the cutest.

I'm letting myself get carried away with my stupid feelings.

Maybe I miss judged him after all. There should be a reasonable explanation for how he treated me before. Right?

'sike! I'm an idiot!'

I can't help but feel like I'm being blinded by his sweet gesture to ask me to the dance.

But instead of digging my way to find answers, I'm just gonna let him tell me on his own time no matter how much that one question is killing me.

Right now all I can focus on is the present time. Aiden has me grasped in his embrace, setting off fireworks in the very pit of my stomach.

I want this moment to last forever. After all I turned out to really like the bafoon, if not something deeper... No.

On other topics tho, I wonder how angry Brianna's gonna be when she finds out?

*****
Unknown POV

"Aiden asked Kayla to the dance." I spat out my drink all over Courtney's face.

"He what?!" I narrowed my eyes at Courtney.

This has got to be some sick joke right?

"He asked her during lunch today. There was this big proposal and everything." Courtney said drying my drink off her face.

My eye twitched. There's no way that's possible. Aiden's mine and mine alone!

"At least you have Liam, you can make Aiden jealous and snatch him right from the nerd's hands." Courtney said.

I refrained from slapping her. "Are you stupid?! The only reason I'm with that useless fool is to get Aiden's attention cause he re-" I struggle to get the words out. "he re-rejected me... twice."

Courtney looked down at her feet uselessly.

Then her head snapped up as if she got an idea. "Then use Liam shamelessly and Aiden will see what he's missing."

"You think I haven't tried?!" I snapped at Courtney. "That's why I do the thinking, because you're dumb, useless! I don't even know why you're here cause I'm doing all the hard work and you're sitting there looking not so pretty on my furniture."

"Sorry, I'll think better next time." Courtney rushed nervously.

"Oh I know you won't. Cause you're off the Cheerleading team. Hand in your uniform first thing tomorrow!" I screamed at Courtney, tears welling in her eyes. She gets down on her knees and starts begging, I'm not surprised. People do anything to stick around my circle

"No.No.No. Don't cry on my daddy's expensive oak mahogany floors, do that outside where you bohos belong!" I put on a face of disgust. "On with it." I shoo her off like the rodent she is.

"You're horrible. I wish you could feel how everyone else is being treated by you."

I threw the wine glass from my hand to the floor next to Courtney in fury.

No one talks to me like that. Fucking poor people think they can walk the streets like they deserve it. Oh please, they have no rights. If they want to be like normal people they need to work for it just like daddy did.

"Kayla's gonna deal with you the way you deserve to be dealt with." Courtney screamed as my personal security threw her out.

I laugh humorlessly. "Now you're crumpled just like her. I'll be sure to make your poor life even more hell." I smirk as I shut the door on her face as she was held back by security.

You better watch out Kayla Sansion. I'm coming for you and I won't stop till I destroy you...

__________________
KS

PLOT TWIST! LEMME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN NEXT.

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

PEACE OUT ‼️😝