Chapter 7

I don't want to go to school. I really don't.

Now sitting in my car which was now parked in the school's parking lot I realized how much of a bad idea school was.

The person who invented school needs to be punished, die even.

Seriously!

Grabbing my bag I locked my car doors before walking through those dreadful double doors.

I have a lot of questions from last night and night before.

I just want school to be over already and it hasn't even started yet.

*****
The day rolled be slowly. Sitting in the last two minutes of AP Calculus felt like forever.

I packed by bag and waited forever for the bell to ring.

I never realized how long two minutes are.

As everyone left the classroom I saw Aiden by himself.

This was my chance.

I walk up to him cautiously. I just wanted him to answer one question that was killing me.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a sec?" I asked slowly.

After asking him the question a few of his friends walked up behind him.

He cocked up an eyebrow. "Do I know you?" He asked acting dumb.

That stung like a bitch.

His friends laughed. "Attention seeker." They laughed on.

I felt embarrassed. Why was he acting like this?

I could feel the tears pricking to come out but I didn't let them.

I covered my emotions up with a look of concern.

"Did you hear something?" I asked, putting my hand up to my ear for a dramatic effect.

"No, are you hearing things?" He laughed along with his friends.

I smirked. "Oh just checking. I heard a pop so I thought for once you pulled your head out of your ass."

He looked furious and his friends were now laughing at him.
"Ooh. Burn! She got u good man."

Before he could say anything I span on my heels and started walking to the locker room confidently.

You wanna be an asswhole. Then be my guest cause I'm pro at it. Kinda...

I love this side of Kayla. She should really come out more often.

I burst into the girls locker room and all eyes turn on me.

This afternoon I don't care, I'm fierce Kayla right now. A blast of confidence shoots through my body.

Walking over there my locker where I keep my extra gym wear, I stripped down to my underwear before putting on a pair of pink shorts and a white tank top, paired up with my Nike sneakers.

I walked onto the field along side some other girls. I could hear them whispering crap about me.

"Who does she think she is?"

"She's a nobody"

"How did she even get on the cheerleading team?"

You know what. I have a whole lot of confidence at the moment so I better make use of it before it runs out.

I span towards the little group of girls.

"Wanna know how I got on the cheer team?" I asked.

"Cause I know how to spread cheer spirit." I said sarcastically. "On like you girls. The only thing you know how to spread are your legs." I have a complete change in tone.

They gasped.

One tried throwing a punch at me but I caught her hand mid air.

"I'd be scared of my acrylics being ripped off if I were you." I fake smiled.

"Enough Sonson."

"It's pronounced Sansion. Get it right or just don't say it." I snapped turning to the rude person who was of course Brianna.

"Watch your mouth Sonson." She grinned evilly.

"Okay Cooly." I smirked, purposely mispronouncing her surname as wellm

"You take that back!" She screamed. "That's Cole to you!!"

There was this one incident in Freshman year where our English teacher would poke fun at Brianna's name on purpose. The name lasted for almost a year before she became bitchy Brianna, no one would dare call her that because of her "rich daddy"

Ugh.

"Take yours back." I said calmly.

She snarled at me before stomping a few feet away.

"Stretch girls!" She yelled shooting me death glares.

I feel satisfied.

As we started stretching, the basketball players started jogging by. They were most likely going to the basketball court which was on the other side of the field.

The only reason we practice out here is because these stupid girls like male attention.

I for one ignored them. I mean it's not like I'm the one guys were hitting on. I'm completely ignored and left out of the cat calling, not that I'm complaining.

Sometimes they stop practice to hangout with any set of boys from different sports groups which happen to practice the same time as us.

It's annoying. It really is. They're always throwing their butts around instead of practicing.

I want to leave this dumb squad so bad. But according to the principal.
'You need some type of dance on your college application to catch people's attention and this is all we offer.'

Stupid principal, cheerleading isn't even dance, it's a sport.

"Touch these toes ladies!" Brianna technically screamed to get the boy's attention. These girls were equally as desperate because they followed.

This is disturbing.

I just grab my water bottle and walk away.

"Kayla where do you think you're going?! Keep up the attitude and you'll be off the team in no time!"
Brianna screamed. "Cal Arts will never accept someone with no experience. Even if you keep doing cheerleading you'll never be accepted cause you suck at everything!"

I never turned back.

****
When I got home I storm past everyone, going straight towards that special room, my favorite place.
My practice room.

I run my hands over the shiny ring.

I come here Everytime I'm stressed or angry, it helps.

It's like a second home in my own home.

No one knows about this, not even Mia and Amy.

This room is locked Everytime, twenty-four seven, morning noon and night, even when I'm in here.

Everyone has their own secret, and this is mine.

I'm secretly a contortionist and I'm horrible at it. I used to think I was great at it, I was confident that that I was an amazing contortionist until the bullying started. From that it felt like everything I do in here isn't good enough. Practice for hours everyday and it feels like I'm not getting better.

I break down and cry, sliding my back down the wall. I'll never be good enough for them.

Thoughts swim through my head until I feel nothing but numb on the inside.

Maybe Brianna's right. I'm bad at everything...
__________________
KS

THANKS FOR READING. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOUR THOUGHT ABOUT THIS CHAPTER.

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

PEACE OUT ‼️😝