Chapter 6

"Let's go."

My thoughts were interrupted by a deep, familiar voice.

His hair was messier than usual, he was spotting a forming black eye and ,his fists were bruised and bloody.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Let's go." Aiden repeats, this time grabbing my arm gently and pulling me.

He didn't seem drunk so I followed. He must be who Ashton got to take me home. His touch on my arm made my heart do backflips, my nerves only growing.

He leads me to the front of the house but I stop abruptly.

The music from inside could barely be heard out here.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked still confused, another hot tear running down my face.

You could never be sure, maybe he wasn't who Ashton chose to take me home.

"If you think I'm gonna be one of your whores just because we kissed last night then you're clearly mistaken." I spat.

"We what?" His faltered slightly but he covered it up with an unreadable expression almost immediately.

"We, kissed." I said slowly and softly, looking down.

I spoke so softly I doubt he even heard me.

He stayed silent for a while, his grip on my arm loosened.

"Let's go." He said once again; his voice grew cold.

"You still haven't answered my question, where are you taking me?" I asked once more.

"Home." He said blankly tugging on my arm and this time I went with him.

The car ride was awkward.

The tension between us was so thick that a knife could cut through it.

Less than twenty-four hours ago I was kissing this guy, te guy I hate. And now I'm in his car, while he take me home. It's weird.

I never told him my address but here we were parked in my driveway

I started reaching for the door handle but he grabbed onto my arm.

"Did we really kiss?" He asked softly. There's something different about his voice,

I nodded embarrassed, looking down at my fingers. They're suddenly so pretty...

His hand cupped my cheek making me look up in surprise.

Then it happened.

For the second time in twenty four hours, he kissed me and I kissed back.

This is crazy, seeing that earlier on I regretted kissing him but now that his lips were on mine again the feeling of regret went flying out the window.

I didn't want to stop but of course I had to.

Something about this kiss felt different from the first one. I can't pinpoint what it is but I just does.

I pulled away and looked him in the eyes. He looked confused and it made me feel guilty, but at the same time I have questions.

Did he really not kiss people?

If so then why did he kiss me... twice?

I just got out of the car and bolted to my front door.

Looking at him doesn't answer any of my questions...

*****
It's Sunday now, and I just want to sleep forever.

Last night after Aiden kissed me again I cried.

Why?

I have no flippin idea.

I just feel physically and emotionally drained at the moment.

I got missed calls and messages from from my friends but I just ignored them all.

I haven't set a foot out of my room all day and I still am not ready to.

I heard a faint knock at my door but I didn't answer.

I heard the door open slowly.

"Sweety you haven't ate anything or talked to me all day. Is everything alright?" My mom asked with great concern etched in her tone.

"I'm fine." I mumble.

"It doesn't seem like it." She speaks.

"Just get out!" I snapped.

Ok maybe that was a wrong move. Let's take some time to acknowledge the fact that my mom is a black woman and punishment is top notch in this household.

"Excuse me?" She crossed her arms.

I fucked up.

I could be as moody as hell but nobody or anything is worth a black momma ass whooping.

I sat up like I was just struck by lightning.

"Excuse my language." I rushed out apologetically.

Lord if looks could kill. I felt scared as hell as she shot me 'The Eye'.

That eye...

If you know you know.

"Lunch is ready." She said firmly before leaving.

That woman is intimidating.

My family has this whole family Sunday thing every week.

We eat lunch together at home then we have a family night out in the evening.

I pull myself out of bed lazily and took a quick shower.

Going to my walk in closet I choose a simple long sleeved dress which stops mid thigh. I put on my fuzzy purple slippers before going downstairs.

I just want to burst into tears Everytime my mind wonders back to last night.

I just want to curl up in bed and be mopy.

'Why does it even affect you that the kiss felt different?' the voice in my head thought.

"Good question." I say to myself softly.

__________________
KS

ANOTHER CHAPTER UP! I'M SO EXCITED! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

PEACE OUT ‼️😝