Chapter 4 - A Certain Broken Subject

"They say the board chairman Aleister Crowler, always moves multiple plans concurrently while coming up with an alternative option for each of them. You could say he came up with a possible alternative for the Tree Diagram in case a meteorite would just come crashing down. But let's say that idea was already thought of but wasn't put into motion until now... Hey, are you even listening? You little shit!" Kihara Akuma said, sitting aside from the beaten down Tedashii. He then kicked Tedashii's head trying to get a reaction from him only to get ignored.

Tedashii could physically stand but his legs refused to let him. His conscience told him to act but his body ignored his pleas. And most of all his thoughts told him to save himself, but his eyes locked towards the frail Akahana. But more importantly Tedashii had to make a decision.

Akuma pulls up his lab coat sleeve and looks at the time that ticks from his watch. "Hmm, okay yeah there's plenty of time left." Akuma stood up and stared down maliciously at Tedashii, posing his arms and hands up like a super villain, "The Tree Diagram is known as Orihime 1. I'm pretty sure you at least heard of that from this robot. You might have even been encountered, by a lockdown info protocol, ABA-Alpha code I'm assuming. The tree diagram was perfect but it was nearly impossible to govern Academy city's dark secrets without worrying about things being leaked or hacked. You see Academy City can't trust data because it's information that informs anyone who lays eyes on it. Last month the railgun discovered the level 6 shift experiment to have the 1st rank esper Accelerator reaching level 6 by having him slaughter 20,000 clones. Then there's Code Vader which apparently is or maybe you who attempted to display the Tree Diagram's data across the media with hacking capabilities. Might have succeeded if for not the tree diagram's destruction. This proves that bringing back the satellite is dangerous itself! Not without an upgrade of course.

"Don't be so absurd!" Tedashii barley said in a pitch looking back at Akuma. "No matter how many upgrades and firewalls that Academy City improves if possible, that Satellite will always get hacked. No ... matter what. Even if you kill a pathetic bastard like me someone else with another objective would, even if they are just bored as long as the tree diagram has a code it will always be tempter with."

"Yes of course, and you're absolutely right! But... What if the Diagram was now a new form? The form of an Esper? Something that does not require technical code online support to function, but rather its own type of signal something that is of tech but impossible to hack as it does not apply the same rules as other technical support."

"What?" Tedashii stared puzzled at Akuma as if he wasn't crazy enough.

"It's called Data Mine."

"Data Mine?" Tedashii repeats Akuma's answer puzzled at the Akahana that tilted her head away from him in shame.

"Oh what?! You didn't know? So you were taking robots on dates after all, how pathetic bwahaha haha! Hmph well anyways that said ability Data Mine is a very unique ability I would have to say so myself and so far the only of its kind that I know of. It's similar to that of mental out's ability, deriving from the control of secretion chemicals in the target's brain, blood distribution, and cerebrospinal fluid, instead of controlling bio-electricity directly. But in this style of manner Data Mine allows the user to create and analyze any electronic device on a telepathic level, it expands a radius diffusion field as the signal kinda like WiFi or a local Bluetooth, then once connected each is capable of analyzing the programming language. C programming language, source code, you fucking name it! All it takes is a little calculation from the Hexadecimal formula then your all set. But of course this little bot is a low level 1 esper, incapable of achieving such standards at the level it's in. But with the resources similar to coffins or the level upper I'm pretty sure rising it's level shouldn't be difficult."