Chapter 13 - A Certain Preliminary Fest

Tedashii with Li Mei following behind stare down his cellphone in hand, after the following GPS app states "You have reached your destination."

Li Mei stare at Tedashii's back as he scratches his head annoyed, "Hey Tedashii I could have paid for you if... you know since I step on your food the other day and all and it was pretty messed up that Mara did that but I don't think she did that on purpose... I think hmm?"

"Of course, it's nice." Tedashii mumbles while observing the well defined house with decorations of many cultures.

"Oh! Yeah! Not too shabby, and also not so overly dramatic fancy huh?" Li Mei replied with a smile. "The panda jars were only thirty-five point thirty-six yuan, well in five hundred thirty-seven point thirty-nine yen to japan's standards. And it's also said in America that football is like America's favorite sport I think, so in term the football prop relic over there is only seven, US dollars, so in Japan I'm guessing that's..?"

"Seven hundred thirty-five point, fifty-two yen."

"Yeah! Tete you see now you can stop being so jelly all the time." Li Mei catapults her head with her hands in a chill pose.

"So you've been to all kinds of places outside China?" Tedashii applied while staring at the other culture relic props.

"Oh no! Not me! My family have though. My dad is a very important businessman who goes wherever his job requires, he travels a lot... that sounds fancy huh? But I assure you he's not rich but decently wealthy as someone who takes care of himself."

"Taishiro Taiyo?" Tedashii reads the initials of the mailbox out loud. "Oh, my fault I didn't mean to..."

"It's okay, I'm pretty sure you were just curious about how a male chinese name is, but..."

"That's a Japanese name." Tedashii answered looking back at Li Mei.

"Yeah, I'm adopted." Li Mei's answer surprised Tedashii as his eyes widened. Li Mei smile then nodded, "I was born in China no doubt, but uhh yeah I'm not some princesses from China you know, and no city is perfect, people tend to hear you're from Beijing and assume they have you figured out, as some golden choice are something, just because I excel at my grades and my quickly excel fast growth in my esper ability. But before daddy and momma adopted me, the people at the orphanage didn't like me and called me some freak, the adults there were nice but I could tell they felt the same way as my peers did. They told me to keep my distance from the others to stay safe. But remember what I said as I can sense and perceive the invisible fields of energy that surround every living thing. Well it felt more like a curse keeping me from trusting anyone."

Tedashii pauses, then stares deeply into her light sea green eyes as if his soul was in harmony with the waves of the ocean. He wonders to himself what is she saying? And what does she really mean by that? Despite the idea of espers he knew one actually thing that made sense. "Are you saying the Beijing Golden child was just some bull shit rumor?"

"It's funny I felt like I'm being treated differently ever since I came here. Like I'm in a place with super powers kids just like me, but... in the end why do I feel the same as if no one likes me? My friends... I don't trust them, and that only makes me mad at myself. Jeong-Min and Mara are nice, great people that are also outsiders that got a pass here just like me. We had the same problems so we decided to be friends after fortunately crossing paths at the same school... however." Li Mei paused, then clenched her fist while grinning, "There are such nice people that did so much for me, and even had my back during rough times... but there aura... It's like there... bad guys." Li Mei notices Tedashii's dissatisfied frown, and starts wavering her hands, "Oh! I didn't mean to go that far! Th-There great!"