Prologue

Prologue

"Can you come to my friend's party," asked her best friend, Marla.

"Yeah, sure. Let me just check with my mother," was Cassie's answer.

After a few minutes, Cassie screamed into the phone with enthusiasm saying "YES!!!"

Cassie was an outgoing girl, always having fun with her friends, playing sports such as table tennis, shopping with her mom, went to parties, went to the movies and bought Nerds (which is one of her favorite snacks in the whole world) and the list goes on. She loves popcorn, nerds, pizza, dogs and One Direction.

Cassie was such a happy girl before disaster struck. Her drunkard father came into her room, after she was sound asleep. He unbuckled his belt and started to beat her. Cassie jumped from the sleep with shriek and a scream. The father chocked the poor innocent girl with the belt, so she would stop breathing. He abused and raped her. The drunkard man, after doing this horrendous deed, collapsed on the tiled floor.

Police came the next day and arrested him for child abuse, rape and for first degree murder and was sentenced to life in PRISON. The devastated mother brought the bruised and disgusting body to the hospital. Cassie was pronounced dead on arrival but Mrs. Alexander would not believe this. She prayed every hour for her daughter to come back but it was hopeless. After five hours, Cassie's mother gave up. As she was about to call the Funeral Parlor, she heard a familiar voice in the room.

"Mom, are you alright?" said the voice.

Mrs. Alexander turned around and saw a miracle happen before her eyes. Her dead daughter was rising up from the bed. The happy mother ran to the bed and hugged the little girl.

"You are alive. Thanks be to God, the Almighty," praised the overjoyed mother.

When Cassie was better, Mrs. Alexander told her what had happened. Cassie was shocked to hear this and remembered what happened the night before. She relived it in her mind. She would get Goosebumps all over her fragile skin. From thence and onwards, Cassie kept herself in a jail cell in her heart and would not show emotion. She was no longer a human being. You could say that she acted like a frightened girl who lost both her parents in a deadly car crash, could never say goodbye to them and did not know where else to go.

Author's note

I am a new writer. Hope you liked the prologue. I think it is sad starting but oh well. The display bar shows a picture of Cassie guys. Comment, Vote and Share. Love you.

©h£|$£@