Chapter 4

Jimin

I was right in choosing Jin. I watched as he and Jungkook interacted. They laughed and joked about everything and boy could they both eat. Now I understand why people called Jin a dwaeji. But he's the cutest. I know he's a softy despite the job he does. And I was right in doing this. My resolve kept growing as I watched the two of them interact so effortlessly.

Jungkook's eyes lifted to meet mine. He was smiling so much. He winked at me. I hadn't seen him smile like this in a very long time, especially without any inhibition. I was sure he would blossom in Jin's company.

"Jimin....Park Jimin! Oh my God! It is you!"

Oh fuck! Shit! He recognised me. Jimin turned to lock eyes with his cousin, Wonwoo. Jungkook frowned and Jin hid his face shyly.

"Hi Wonwoo. And it's Jeon Jimin," I said, plastering a fake smile on my lips. This is the problem of being back in Korea, every fucking person knows us here. 

"Oh yeah....cool, right. You married Jeon after all." He gives Jungkook a piercing stare and I look at my husband with pleading eyes. He grabs onto my hand and kisses my fingers lightly.

"Yes Wonwoo. It's really good to see you again," my husband fake smiles, getting up to shake Wonwoo's hand.

"Can't say the same for me though," and he laughs at his stupid joke. "And who might this beautiful creature be?" His lascivious eyes fall on our Seokjin. "You look very young to be hanging out with these two."

"I'm 21." Seokjin says.

"I would never have guessed. You look 16." He winked at Jin, who blushed from the compliment.

"He is our friend and no one to you, Wonwoo." Jungkook's eyes had turned dark and menacing.

"Whoa! I was just making friendly conversation Jeon. No need to get your panties in a knot," he backs away slightly. "By the way, we'll be doing some business soon. I trust my father has contacted you?"

"He has. And I tell you with absolute certainty, that I'm so not looking forward to it," Jungkook deadpans.

Wonwoo laughs ridiciously. "I guess I'll be seeing you both soon." His eyes rake over Seokjin and I want to pull them out of their sockets. How dare he?

He walks away and Jungkook looks at me. I'm visibly seething. "How dare he? How dare he look and speak to Seokjin that way?! I'll fucking kill him Jeon!"

"Calm down baby. You know he's all talk and no show. Fuck him. We're here to enjoy with our Seokjin. Don't let that mindless fool ruin our time." He rubs my arm soothingly.

My eyes meet Seokjin's who's looking rather worried. "I'm okay Jin. He just gets to me. I can't believe we're related sometimes."

"You're related to that guy?" Seokjin asks me.

"Yeah. He's my cousin on my eomma's side. But we're not very close."

"What else would you like to eat Jin?" Jungkook steers the conversation away from Wonwoo. The afternoon passes by pleasantly after that and we head on back to our apartment. We have much to discuss.

.........

"Has Jimin explained everything to you Jin?" Seokjin nods quietly. They are sitting in the balcony overlooking the city while Jimin went to have a shower.

"And you're okay with this arrangement? I mean, did he explain....Oh God! Did he tell you how he wants it done?" Jungkook looks away from Seokjin.

Seokjin is really shy around Jungkook. It's different with Jimin somehow. He can't pinpoint exactly why though. There's just this aura about Jungkook that attracts him to Seokjin.

"I know how he wants it done hyung. But do you agree? I don't want you to feel uncomfortable because of me and what I am." He looks away, unable to meet Jungkook's gaze.

"I don't know Jin. I just don't know. It's very difficult for me. I-I .....I love my husband very much but he wants things a certain way for reasons I can't fathom. I just don't know. I hope you understand me Jin."

He looks away, unable to meet Seokjin's concerned eyes. Seokjin leans over and touches Jungkook on the arm.

"It's okay hyung. I'm not a monster and I'll never force anything on anyone. I might seem young to you but I have a good measure of this world and all the cruelties it has to offer and believe me, although I don't know your full story, I want to be there for you any way that you'll let me."

Jungkook can't look away from the seemingly innocent eyes of Seokjin. They hold alot of kindness but also a sadness that's hidden far beneath the surface.

"I can't Jin. I'm sorry. I think we've wasted your time. I will speak to my husband. Maybe you can stay here until you're ready to go back home."

Seokjin scoffs. "Home? Right. You know Mr Jeon, I was willing to help your husband but now I see it was a mistake. I won't be staying. You can tell Jimin that I left. Thank you for your time."

He gets up to leave and Jungkook burries his head in his hands until he hears a crash behind him. He turns to see his husband, standing there, a glass shattered on the floor in front of him, the clear liquid staining the tiles.

"Where the Hell do you think you're going Seokjin? You can't leave." He's angry but also, almost in tears. "Jeon, what did you say to him?"

"I can't do it Park. I can't! Please forgive me." Jungkook is beside himself and Seokjin just wants to leave. He can't stand being there a minute longer.

"Hyung, I think it's best if I go. Your husband and you need to talk and it's really not my place to be here right now."

"No fucking way! Seokjin-ah, please, please don't leave." Jimin is openly crying now, pleading with Jin. "I need you Seokjin-ah. Jungkook needs you too. He's just being pigheaded right now. Please stay. For my sake."

Seokjin is highly conflicted. He went through so much to be here. But now, he's being rejected.

"I don't know hyung. I'm not suited for this. I did try. Believe me hyung, but this kind of life, it's not me. I mean, look at me hyung. I don't dress like you. I don't talk like you. I don't mix in the same circles like you. I don't fit in and I never will. Please, let me go."

He walks up to his room and gathers his few worldly possessions, making his way to the door. Jimin is crying quietly in the corner while Jungkook is nowhere to be seen. Jin takes one last look and opens the door,leaving their world behind.

......

************************************

So what do you all think is the issue with them? I love all your guesses and theories so far. 😊

I purple you 💜

************************************

Love Swty 😙