Chapter 7

Jimin

TW ⚠
Death
Depression
Anxiety

I opened the door to the flat slowly, the next morning. Everything was eerily quiet. I frowned. I placed my keys on the side table and made my way up to the main bedroom. I knocked on the door softly and heard a slight groan from within. Before long, I heard the key turning and Jin opening the door slightly.

Our eyes met and he blushed, then nodded shyly. My heart soared as he looked down at his bare feet. I pulled him in for a quick hug and he winced. I looked at him questioningly. Oh dear! Had Jeon been rough on him?

I peeped into the room to see my husband sprawled out under the covers, fast asleep. I pulled Jin out quickly and we made our way to his room. I noticed he was only wearing my thin robe. We settled on the bed and I turned his downcast eyes to meet mine.

"Are you okay baby? Was Jeon rough on you?"

"I'm okay hyung. Just a little sore, don't worry yourself. You know I can take it." He looks away shyly.

"I know baby but he shouldn't have been rough," I scolded. "Did he take care of you afterwards?"

He nodded again shyly. "He put some ointment on me too."

"Awwww." I brushed my fingers against his soft cheeks. "I want you to stay in bed. I'm going to make you some breakfast and no running around today. You must rest and recuperate your body."

He nodded and got under his covers, leaning his head against the pillows. I patted his head softly and watched as he fell asleep almost immediately. He was so beautiful. Jin was my angel, definitely heaven sent. As my hands played with his soft hair, I recalled our conversation and what lead us to this point.

Flashback to two years ago

⚠  Trigger warning ahead

"I'm going to Hoseokie's studio Jeon. Please don't stress. You know I'll be careful."

My husband looked at me with troubled eyes.

"Baby....you're 6 months pregnant. You need to stop all this running around. You know how I feel about this. At least for the next few months, can you please take it easy?"

"You worry too much love. I'm perfectly fine and our daughter is too. You know I promised Hobi that I'll help him with his choreo for the opening event."

My husband sighed deeply. "Fine. Just please don't run about. You know you almost slipped on the stairs yesterday and I had a mini heart attack."

I rolled my eyes. "I'll be fine 'dad'." I smirked at him. I blew him a kiss and drove myself to the studio smiling happily. Little did I know that, that would be the last time I smiled so happily for a long while. I was almost at the studio when a car pulled out of nowhere and crashed into mine head on. I didn't remember much about the accident. I woke up 3 days later in a hospital ward; my body was aching, I had several fractures and cuts all over my face and neck, and my baby was dead.

The agony of my life had begun.

Jeon had said that the man who hit my car, had apologised profusely. His brakes had failed and he had avoided hitting a group of school children on the pedestrian crossing, only to knock into my car, head on. The police had opened an inquest and cctv, together with eye witness reports of the incident, had deemed the man's words to be true. He was given a suspended sentence and his licence revoked for 6 months with 18 months of community service. But my child had died and with her all my hopes of ever conceiving again.

The doctors had worked hard to save us but in the end, she wasn't strong enough and had gone to heaven, leaving me with a broken body, a broken mind and a void that could never be filled again. I sunk into a deep depression for almost a year. Jeon tried everything. We even visited various specialists but in-vitro fertilization and any other forms of intrusive and invasive medical therapy, were denied. My eggs could have been harvested and placed in a surrogate but there was no guarantee they were of any use now. My body had suffered severe scarring and my womb was damaged beyond repair.

We could have opted for donor surrogacy or even adoption, but in the end, I wanted Jeon's child and no one else's. It took months of convincing Jeon until I became obssessed with it and our marriage was threatened. Jeon had been patient through it all but even he had had his limits. For several months, we didn't talk, until I came up with the idea for a third person who would live with us and bear Jeon's child. But I wanted the child the old fashioned way, not trusting medical science anymore as it had screwed me over enough already.

But even this had proven really difficult to achieve. And Jeon was 1000% against this idea. But as the days progressed and my obssession took over our lives, he finally relented if I found a candidate who was willing to the terms.

...........

Present Day

I made my way to our room and found my husband sitting on the bed in deep thought. He looked gloomy. When his eyes found mine, I rushed up to him and he enveloped me in his strong and safe arms. We stayed that way for a long while, our tears flowing now without reservation.

"I'm ..... I'm sorry Jeon. I know I said I wouldn't push you but I knew you wouldn't do it if I was here."

"I love you Jimin. You're my husband. I feel terrible. Can you ever forgive me?"

"Are you crazy? Right now, possibly the biggest gift you could have ever given me, could be in Seokjin already. I love you and that will never change. Thank you Jeon."

He held me tighter then moved to go clean himself up. I headed to the kitchen and cooked us some breakfast. An hour later Jungkook and a still sleepy eyed Seokjin, made their way downstairs.

"Seokjin-ah....baby....go and rest. I will bring your breakfast up to you."

"It's okay hyung. I can't stay in my room all day," he said, yawning and stretching. Then he winced a little and I frowned.

"Jeon! Why were you rough with Jin-ah? Look how tired and hurt he is!" I scolded my husband.

Jungkook smirked at Jin. When their eyes met, they both looked away awkwardly. Oh God! I hope these idiots weren't going to act weird now. I sighed and served breakfast.

...........

************************************

Thank you for taking this ff to over 800 reads in such a short space of time. I love you all, my readers, voters, commentators and even my silent readers.

Remember to love yourself ❤

I purple you 💜

************************************

Love Swty 😙