Chapter 22

Trigger Warning ⚠

Jungkook

"Are we done now Namjoon?" I asked him tiredly. He just nodded quietly. "Look, I know you worked really hard on this and I appreciate all your efforts, but please don't be upset with me. My mind is just not right at the moment. I feel really uneasy. I need to leave."

"What's wrong Jeon? It's only been ten minutes into the meeting. You know we have to get this done," my husband chided me. He's right and I know it. But something just feels off.

"Park, I know this is going to sound strange, but I'm feeling really uneasy about Jinnie. Please can we go back to him? There's this nagging feeling that I need to go back to him. Remember when you met with your accident and I told you I didn't feel right about you going and you just shrugged me off? It feels a hundred times worse than that."

My husband nodded quickly. He understood. I felt terrible bringing that up but I had no other choice for him to understand my anxiety.

"Sorry Joon. We need to leave now. I'll try calling him Jeon. Just take it easy."

I watched as my husband tried and failed getting a hold of our Jinnie. My anxiety just got worse. Namjoon brought me a bottle of water and I drank it gratefully. It calmed me a bit.

"Let's go Park. I can't take it anymore. He's not safe."

We almost ran out of the conference room, Namjoon following us to the hotel lounge. We couldn't find him anywhere. Park showed his picture to hotel staff and we all banded to search for him. I turned a corner and ran straight to the restrooms, my anxiety almost at breaking point as I pushed the door. It refused to budge. Something was wrong.

Namjoon ran over and pushed with me. The door finally gave way and Park screamed at the sight that greeted us.

I looked into the eyes of a shocked Wonwoo. He had our Jinnie bound and tied on the floor, his shorts pulled down to his ankles. Jinnie was crying and moaning through the gag over his mouth. There was a faint trace of blood on the floor.

I launched myself at him. Namjoon jumped on him too. Together, we beat him up almost to unconsciousness before the security team arrived. I looked over at Park, who was untying our Jinnie. I ran over and pulled his shorts up. He sobbed into Park's lap, still lying on the restroom floor.

I leaned over and picked him up, gently cradling him as Park checked him for any injuries. He had a small cut on his head that seemed to be the cause of the blood on the floor. I caressed him gently, whispering sweet nothings into his ear.

I noticed Namjoon looking at us curiously but now wasn't the time to explain anything. Our baby needed us right now and that's all that mattered.

A few minutes later, the emergency medical services invaded the restroom and placed our Jinnie on a gurney. We followed them to the hospital. 

My husband and I both paced the corridor outside Jin's room. We looked like caged animals. Namjoon watched us intently.

"Is someone going to tell me what's going on? I know I only just arrived but as your best friend Kook, you should've atleast confided in me."

I stopped and stared at Namjoon. Now wasn't the time but I needed to distract myself or I think I was going to rip someone's throat out.

"Seokjin is our surrogate."

Namjoon's eyes went wide in disbelief. "And when did this happen? Wait, now I remember. When you went to Seoul. Am I right?" I just nodded my head.

Namjoon looked at my husband. "Are you going to tell me Jiminie? I thought you said you were never going to trust medical science again. I'm confused."

I was getting irritated with Namjoon now. I hissed in frustration. "I fucked him okay? Is that what you want to know?"

"What the fuck?! Are you serious Kook? Jimin, tell me he's lying?" My husband just looked away. "I can't believe you two!"

The door to Jinnie's room opened and his doctor exited.

"He's fine now. And the baby is unharmed as well. I just gave him something for the pain. He was not violated," Dr Schmid said in his heavy Swiss accent. I breathed an audible sigh of relief. "He's very much shook up. It was definitely a terrible ordeal. I recommend that he sees a psychiatrist for a few sessions to help him deal with the incident. This kind of trauma can have lasting effects and it's not good for his pregnancy either. Try to keep him happy all the time. You may go in now, just keep the visit short. I don't want him to over-exert himself." The doctor patted me on my arm and took his leave.

My husband and I entered his room tentatively. Jin was lying on his side on the bed, gazing out of the window. A small tear escaped his eye and my heart clenched. I wanted to kill Wonwoo.

"Baby......" He looked up and our eyes met. He reached out his arms for me and I enclosed myself in them, hugging him tightly. I placed small kisses all over his face and his hair as he cried into my chest.

My husband stood on the other side, tears pouring down his face. Jin reached for him and pulled him into a hug, holding onto him and crying more.

"Don't cry angel. It's over. It's over. He'll never come near you again. Jeon will kill him if he ever does. I promise you." Jin nodded and visibly calmed down at my husband's words. He looked at me and I nodded vehemently.

"I promise you my love. I'll kill him. He's lucky he's in police custody or else I don't know what would have been the outcome."

"Ow!" Jin whimpered and held his tummy.

"What's wrong baby? Where does it hurt?" I was going crazy. So help me God, if he's in pain, I'll kill Wonwoo with my bare hands.

"It's okay hyungie. The baby just kicked."

I looked at my husband and we both smiled widely. Seokjin was so precious to us.

"Oh sweetheart. Is our little Jeon being naughty in there?" Jimin rubbed Jin's tummy gently and his breath caught. Jin smiled. The baby kicked again.

"May I?" I asked tentatively and Seokjin nodded. He looked so sweet and so pretty. I placed my hand gently on his baby bump and soon enough I felt a tiny kick. My heart swelled with pride. I leaned in and kissed him gently. My husband ran his fingers through our Jinnie's hair and smiled softly.

We stayed with him for a few more minutes, until he yawned softly and closed his eyes. He sighed in his sleep and I gazed at him adoringly. My husband and I quietly left the room. Outside, we found Namjoon sitting on a chair with 3 coffees.

"Let's go have that talk now guys," he said. I sighed heavily as we walked to the visitors lounge.

............

************************************

Have I redeemed myself for now my swties?

Thank you for over 11K reads 💗

Bangtan are missing us. Their posts on Twitter and Weverse are making me sad 😟😟😟

I purple you 💜

************************************

Love Swty 😙