Chapter 32

A/N: Please forgive Author-nim for not responding to any of your comments on the last chapter. I was very emotional after posting it. I love you all my swties 😟💗

Almost 3 years later.....

Jungkook

"Joonie.....not so fast baby. Abeoji is going to have an aneurysm," I huffed, running behind my little monster. He laughed so cutely. It always reminded me of his appa's laugh. Jinnie had about three different types of laughs. I remember each one as clear as day.

Even after all these years, I still loved him if not more. With each passing day of our son growing up, my love grew and blossomed in my heart. But a part of me still hated him for leaving us. I don't think I could ever forgive him for doing that to us.

I watched as our son raced through the mall, no doubt, headed for the toy store that he knew all too well. I gave up trying to catch up with him and stood to talk to the uniformed guard who knew us well.

My French wasn't up to speed but we got on okay with some broken English. He laughed as Seojoon waved to him and ran inside the store. I stood at his station and tried to get my breath back.

"Mr Jeon sir, I get you some l'eau." I watched as he went to the juice machine and bought me a bottled water. I was thankful. I could hear Joonie running around the store. It wasn't very busy and he was well known with the staff. I had promised him he could select only one toy for himself. His birthday was coming soon and he was super excited.

End Jungkook POV

Seokjin walked around the store trying to find something suitable as a gift. His eyes fell on a little boy who looked about 4 years old or thereabouts. He was adorable. He had soft white skin and his ears were flushed pink. He laughed happily as he found what he was looking for. His jet black hair was cut around his face shape and his bangs fell almost into his eyes. He was the cutest angel he had ever seen.

"Hi baby, can I help you with something?" He asked the little boy as he saw that he couldn't reach the shelf to get his toy.

"Please sir, if it is not too much trouble," and he bowed low. Seokjin was taken aback. He was so little but his manners and speech were impeccable.

Seokjin reached for the toy, which was a little white plushie. The little angel hugged it tightly and smiled happily. Seokjin's heart melted.

"What's your name little one?" He caressed the boy's face lovingly.

"I am Seo....."

"Seojoonie! Where are you poppet? Abeoji is tired now."

Seokjin's heart did a double flip. That voice.....that name.....

He turned and his breath caught. There stood the man of his dreams, the only love of his life, father of his son, Jeon Jungkook. It was as though time stopped and only they existed in this chasm. He watched as Jungkook leaned down and lifted Seojoon up, smiling happily. And then his gaze shifted to Seokjin and he stopped, dumbstruck.

 And then his gaze shifted to Seokjin and he stopped, dumbstruck

Seokjin could see the changing emotions on Jungkook's face. His smile faded to an expression of shock, followed soon by disbelief and then something akin to anger?

"Hyungie. ....." The whispered word slipped out of Seokjin's trembling lips without a thought. His hand reached out involuntarily but he stopped himself. An onslaught of emotions, coupled with memories of long ago, hit them as they gazed at each other. Jungkook stared at him, at a total loss as to what he should do. And then, their son spoke, startling them out of their reverie.

"Aboe, this kind sir helped Joonie to get his RJ down from the top shelf. Isn't he handsome Aboe?"

Jungkook looked at his son, who was cupping his chin and turning his face in the direction of Seokjin. He gulped but didn't say anything. He couldn't form any words at that moment.

"Can Joonie please have RJ as his birthday gift to himself this year?"

Seokjin's breath hitched. He clutched at the packages in his hand and a small tear escaped his eye. Jungkook watched as it rolled down his cheek, a crazy urge to walk up to him and wipe it away lovingly, overtook him. He stopped himself in time just as a man turned into the aisle and smiled warmly at Seokjin.

"Oh there you are Jin. Did you find anything suitable?" The tall, well-built, handsome man looked from Seokjin to the others and frowned.

"Jin?" He shook Seokjin's shoulder lightly. Jungkook had a violent urge to swat his hand away.

Seokjin blinked and finally found his voice.

"Y-Yesss....I mean, I, yes, I found it." He was flustered.

The man looked from Seokjin to the other man holding a child in his arms. The stranger looked familiar to him and then it clicked.

"Hey, aren't you Jeon Jungkook? Forgive my rudeness. I'm Kim Taehyung. I believe we have a meeting set up for tomorrow regarding my land proposal."

"Y-yes. That's right." Jungkook's brow furrowed. "I think I'll see you tomorrow then Mr Kim." And he turned to walk away from the pair. Seokjin's eyes had never left Seojoon's face.

"Please call me Taehyung," he said, goodnaturedly.

Jungkook nodded and went to cash his purchase.

Seokjin followed them to the cash registers while Taehyung insisted on carrying the other packages he was clutching. Jungkook watched their interaction moodily.

He paid for the toy and walked out. Seojoon waved for Seokjin and he dropped his hand to his heart, clutching his coat tightly. His heart felt like it was about to burst.

Taehyung paid for their purchases and guided Seokjin out to the parking lot, chatting non stop. Years later, if you had asked Seokjin what Taehyung said that day, he would never be able to recall it. His mind, body, heart and soul, had all switched to autopilot. He had no idea where he was or what he was doing.

His son.....his hyungie.....they were here in Canada. He had just seen them. He burst out crying in the car, no longer able to contain himself as Taehyung watched him in horror. He tried to calm him but to no avail. The floodgates of Seokjin's heart had been opened and there was no stopping him now.

fin

************************************

Okay.....please don't kill Author-nim. Please read the next update carefully. I have published them together.

I purple you 💜

************************************

Love Swty 😙