Chapter 14

Jimin

My husband and I stepped into Jin's room quietly. He was hooked up to an IV as the doctor had said and he looked a little better, less pale. He was asleep so we didn't disturb him. I watched as my husband let go of my hand and got onto the bed beside Jin.

He touched his forehead lightly and smiled at me. His fever was down. Thank God for that. Jungkook interlaced their fingers and kissed Jin's hand softly. I smiled and joined him on the bed. He enveloped me in his other arm. We stayed that way for a while, each of us connected to the other and ultimately connected to our child.

Jin stirred and his eyelids fluttered open. I was immediately on high alert. I jumped up and went to his side.

"Jinnie baby, do you need anything?"

"Water please hyung," he said, rather hoarsely.

I poured some out and he drank slowly as Jungkook massaged his hair softly. He gazed into Jin's eyes and my heart smiled seeing them that way.

"Did the doctor speak to you about your condition Jinnie?"

"No hyung. What's wrong with me? I feel miserable." He squirmed slightly.

"It's all Jungkook's fault honey."

My husband looked at me with shock in his eyes. "Hey! What did I do?"

"What didn't you do you rascal?! You were so rough with our Jinnie and now you've gone and put a baby in him." I smiled happily as realisation dawned on Jin's face.

"Hyung? I'm-I'm pregnant hyung?"

"Yes baby. You're going to have our baby soon. But you were very weak so the doctor is running some fluids and you'll have to get your strength up in the next 3 days. No running around. We'll be taking good care of you. Okay?"

He nodded shyly and looked at Jungkook through hooded lashes. Jungkook smiled shyly at him and kissed his nose. They were so cute.

"I'm going to get some of that soup for you Jinnie. Jeon, will you feed him?"

"Hyung! No, I can feed myself!"

"Nonsense! Jeon will do it, won't you love?"

"Yes, I'll feed him Park." He played with Jin's hair quietly.

I excused myself and smiled softly. I've never seen Jeon so soft with anyone else, other than myself and his grandma. It was really endearing to watch. I got a generous amount of the soup and made my way back with a tray and some juice.

My husband was still sitting with Jin on the bed and cooing softly at him, their hands still interlaced. I recalled the days when he used to do that with me. He was always attentive and sweet. He still is. He was just so extra when I was pregnant. And now I watch as he slips into the same mode with Jin.

"Here baby. Jeon, please take the soup."

He kissed my cheek and took the bowl to feed Jin. I left them to it and went to speak to the doctor who was on the balcony on the phone. He ended his call as his staff packed up their medical equipment.

"Dr Lee, I needed to ask you a few things before you leave."

"No problem Mr Jeon. And please do not worry, doctor-patient privilege applies. You are assured complete privacy from my staff and myself."

"In the event, I will still require your staff to sign an NDC each. I'm sure you understand."

"Yes of course. I will get it done."

"Thank you doctor. I appreciate your lucidity. I'm just concerned about Jin's health. We'll be travelling to Bern in the next week. Is he fit for travel or should I postpone our arrangements?"

"According to my prognosis, he should be perfectly fine. He's just experiencing some morning sickness and I'll prescribe some pills for that. Just a healthy diet, multivitamins and light exercise."

"He does yoga every morning."

"That's fine. Just some poses he should avoid after the first trimester and all should be in order. I'm leaving my nurse here. She'll stay until the IV is complete and remove it."

"Thank you doctor, that will be fine. She may wait in the drawing room."

He nodded and I let them out and made my way back upstairs. To my surprise, my husband was fast asleep and spooning Jin who put his finger to his lips when he saw me enter. I smiled and spoke to Jin in a whisper.

"Wow....he's fast asleep. He was so stressed about you but now he looks so goofy spooning you." I shook my head lightly. "He hasn't slept like that with me in ages." I observed.

"Really hyung? He always spoons and cuddles with me," Jin whispers.

"Oh my Gosh! That's so cute Jinnie. Jinnie, do you remember what we spoke about? You know when you come to live with us?"

"Don't worry hyung. I remember everything. And I won't tell hyung anything. It will always be our secret."

"Thank you Jinnie. You don't know how that makes me feel. I love you, you know that hey?"

"I know hyung. I love you too. Don't stress please. Just think about your baby and all the love and happiness you're going to have from now on."

"You're right Jinnie. I will forever be grateful to you for doing this for us."

I looked at the sleeping form of my husband and smiled softly. I loved him so much. I would do anything and everything for him. And now, we will soon be a complete family. My phone dinged in my pocket and I excused myself to make the call.

Aanyeong haleomoni. How have you been? No no, we haven't forgotten you. I have some good news for you. I'm pregnant!

I listened as Jungkook's grandma gushed over my news. I couldn't contain my happiness as I listened to her cry and her words of joy. My heart swelled. Everything was going to be alright now.

............

************************************

Okay....so I'm running out of here 🏃

I purple you 💜

************************************

Love Swty 😙