Part 3

Part3

Akhilesh looked stony and so weak.

Aman: What happened that night?

Akhilesh: I was in the office that day. I was on additional duty as that was election time. My neighbor called me and said, something is burning in my house and my wife didn't open the door when he knocked. I went to my house and saw my wife being burnt totally. I saw only her ashes in my house.

He cried.

Aman: Do you suspect anyone?

Akhilesh: She was a nice woman, sir. She won't even talk louder. I don't know what happened.

Arnav and the crew left the place without getting any clues.

Aman: What's next, sir?

Arnav: Going to Taluk office...

They reached The Taluk office in half an hour. They got information as same as in the first case. Arnav felt so blank.

They were about to get in the jeep, they heard "Jeejaji". Aman closed his eyes annoyed. Arnav frowned seeing his wired expression.

Aman: Sir, please ask Mohan to start the jeep.

Arnav: Someone is calling you I suppose...?

Aman: That's why I want to leave sir...

A man rushed to Aman and hugged him happily.

Man: How are you Jeejaji...

Aman: Don't you dare call me Jeejaji...

Man(rightfully): Why? But why? We have your Dadi's promise. You have to marry my sister. Don't forget that.

Aman: Then ask my Dadi, not me.

Arnav: Are you engaged?

Aman: No sir...

Man: Yes sir...I'm Nand Kishore. You can call me NK. His Dadi promised my Dadi that he will marry my sister.

Arnav: Ohhh

Aman: Shut up. I won't marry that fatty...

NK: Don't tell her Fatty. She is healthier than us... with 110 kg... that's all.

Arnav widened his eyes. 110kg....? he thought about Khushi who looked so thin.

Arnav: NK, what are you doing here?

Aman(irritatingly): Haann... what the hell are you doing here?

NK: I got a district transfer from Ghaziabad last week... especially for you... to meet you often.

Aman rolled his eyes.

NK: You tell me, what are you doing here? Did you come to meet me?

Aman: No... not at all. We came here for an investigation.

NK: Investigation...? About whom?

Aman: Megna Data...

NK: You mean the one who got burnt?

Aman: Yes...

Arnav: You said, you came here only last week. Then how do you know about the woman who got burnt a month ago?

NK: I know more than anyone knows about her here.

Arnav: What about?

NK: She had the worst past, sir.

Arnav: Means?

NK: She got a voluntary transfer to Delhi only two months ago. Before that, she was working in Ghaziabad in the same office as me.