Part 32

Part32

Arnav was sitting in the balcony thinking deeply about Ratna and his behavior towards his wife. What a man he is? How could a man be so haughty? No repentance, no remorse, no guilty even after doing treachery? Where is this world going? People learned to do perfidy without regretting it. How does his wife feel knowing his real face? He raised his head sighing only to find Khushi standing, looking at him. Arnav smiled at her.

Khushi: Are you all right?

Arnav nodded yes.

Khushi: Your face does not seem so.

Arnav: My face is like that.

He chuckled.

Khushi: Not all the time... only when you are upset.

Arnav: Maybe...

Khushi: What's wrong?

Arnav explained everything about Ratan.

Arnav: Poor his wife.

Arnav didn't hear Khushi. He looked at her who was thinking about it.

Arnav: What are you thinking?

Khushi: Yes... she is a poor woman who believed his masked face. But what will she do? Do you think she will be staying in her decision of getting separated from him?

Arnav: Don't know but she should not change her decision.

Khushi: Can't we help her?

Arnav: We can... but we shouldn't.

Khushi: But why?

Arnav: there are many women in India like Mrs. Ratan. We can't help everyone. If Mrs. Ratan stands for herself, she will be an example to those women. That's what this society wants.

Khushi: But what if she fails?

Arnav: No one knows how strong they are until being strong is the only option. This is the chance for Mrs. Ratan to be strong. Let her be strong. If she is not stronger, we don't have to feel sorry for a spineless woman.

Khushi(murmuring): The killer should not have killed himself.

Arnav: Did you say something?

Of course, he heard what she said.

Khushi: Nothing.

Arnav: Where is Pooja?

Khushi: She is drawing something. She wants me to be out.

Arnav: Out? But why?

Khushi: Don't know.

Arnav went to her room and slowly opened the door. Yes... Pooja was coloring her drawing.

Arnav: May I come in?

Pooja: No... Please, please...

Arnav: Ohh...ok, ok...

Pooja: Wait outside for a while. I will come soon.

Arnav: Ok.

Closing the door, Arnav came out. He asked Khushi through his eyes like "what?"

Khushi shrugged her shoulders like "who knows?" Sitting on the couch, they waited for Pooja. Arnav gestured Khushi to sit next to him. Khushi moved towards him a little. Arnav pulled her close to him and circled her shoulders.

Khushi: Pooja, will come.

Arnav: So what?

Khushi: She will see us being close.