Part 19

Part19

Khushi had been thinking about FIRST DAY. What she would do if she had no work to do? She jerked hearing a knock on the door. She looked out through the magic hole and shocked seeing Arnav. Does he really come for FIRST DAY? She became panic. Looking here and there, she gulped. Arnav knocked again... Biting her nail, she closed her eyes in nervousness. As he didn't get a response, Arnav removed the spare key from the pocket and inserted it in the door. Taking back steps, Khushi moved backward. She rushed to the washroom and locked the door.

Arnav searched for Khushi in the kitchen. Not finding her there, he came to Pooja's room. He pushed the bathroom door and it was locked from inside. He knocked the washroom door.

Arnav: Khushi....

Khushi squeezed her hands, gulping.

Arnav: Khushi... come out... it's urgent...

Khushi: Urgent? Hey Devi ma... What can I do?

Arnav: Khushi...

Khushi: Jee ACP sir....

Arnav: Khushi you have no idea, how many work I had left to come here...

Khushi widened her eyes...

Khushi: Why ACP sir?

Arnav: Khushi don't question me... what are you doing?

Khushi: I'm taking a bath.

Arnav: But you have already took bath in the morning...?

Khushi: Ohh... S.... Sauce... sauce had fallen on me...

Arnav: Ok come fast... I have to go to the office...

Khushi: ...go to office?

Arnav: I have no time...

Khushi: Means, he is not here for FIRST DAY....?

Wearing a robe, she came out to make him believe that she had taken a bath.

Arnav clutched her hand and dragged her to the bed. He made her sit on it. Khushi looked at him bewildering.

Arnav: Khushi listen to me... that day, you went to Kalpana's house with a knife to wound her. As you heard a footstep sound, you hid behind the curtain, thinking that it was her husband. Kalpana asked someone "who are you?" so you peeped from the curtain. Right?

Khushi nodded yes.

Arnav: Then?

Khushi: I saw the killer spared something on her face. Kalpana fell down getting unconscious. Sprinkling the petrol on her, he burnt Kalpana alive. I dropped the knife in fear. The sound dragged the killer's attention. I came running from there...

Arnav: Ok...

Khushi: What happened ACP sir?

Arnav: I just wanted your statement again to get cleared.

Khushi: ohh...

Arnav: I'm leaving...

Khushi nodded ok.

Arnav: I may be late today... be careful.

Khushi nodded ok...

Arnav was thinking about the knife. As per Khushi's statement, she didn't take the fallen knife. But there is no information about the knife in the record. Means, definitely the killer would have taken it with him. What's his intention? What could he do with the knife? Arnav's tension rose erotically. He has to do something to save Khushi... without her knowledge. He dialed Arun Prince. But he didn't attend the call. Arnav sighed... maybe, he is busy. Arnav reached the office. At the same time, Arun Prince called him.