Part 13

Part13

Arnav came to the City Hospital with Khushi. Arnav rushed to the ICU ward where his sister was being admitted. He saw the doctor waiting for him.

Arnav: What happened Doctor?

Doctor: There is a complication in Baby's position. The umbilical cord is around the baby's neck.

Arnav: What we should do to protect them, Doctor?

Doctor: cesarean... We have to do it immediately to save the child.

Arnav: What about Di?

Doctor: We can say anything about her condition only after the operation. And I have already told you that we have no other choice than the operation as she is in a coma.

Arnav (nodded yes): Ok... go ahead...

Doctor: Yeah... sign the papers.

Arnav signed the papers and sat on the chair outside the OT. Khushi sat beside him.

Khushi: Don't worry... she will be alright.

Arnav: She won't be alright... ever...

Khushi: Why are you talking like that?

Arnav: Because she is broken down, no one can imagine. She won't be normal even if she comes out of the Coma.

Khushi: Why? What happened to her?

Arnav: Betrayal... She had a love marriage. She was like she is the luckiest person in the world. She loved her husband madly. She enjoyed each and every moment of her life. She runs out like a small girl, hearing her husband's bike sound. You know, she went to the temple only to thank God for giving such a husband. She never prayed for her betterment but only for her husband. But...Her husband was not like her. He had another woman in his life. When she got to know, she was broken down. He consoled my sister by lying. He made her believe that he left the woman but he didn't. When my sister left her hope on him, she tried to commit suicide. She intentionally banged the car on a tree. But fate's plan was something, she fell on coma. She was with five months baby at that time.

Khushi: Didn't you ask your Jeejaji anything?

Arnav: She said nothing to me. She knew I will kill him in anger. So she hid the truth. She sent me a voice message only before her accident. then only I got to know the truth.

Khushi: Where is her husband?

Arnav: He died in an accident.

Khushi: He got what he deserved... this kind of man should not be alive.

Arnav: Do you know with whom he had extramarital affaire?

Khushi: Who?

Arnav: Aradna... the first murderous of the case.

Khushi: Whaaaat! (pause) I think the killer should have killed him....

Arnav: Maybe...

Khushi: But why he didn't kill my Bhai?

Arnav: How did they die?

Khushi: My Bhabi's case is also as same as your sister's. She not only loved him but also was very possessive on him. Your sister tried to kill herself but my Bhabi wanted her husband also die with her. She was not ready to leave him for someone. She poisoned the food and ate with him. I love my Bhabi very much. But she didn't think about me and Pooja. She left us alone. Because of that Kalpana, we became orphans.

Arnav: That's why you went to her home that night?

Khushi knew he would have connected the dots.

Khushi: No... I just went to wound her.... I wanted to wound her at least... to make my Bhabi's soul rest in peace...