Part 8

Part8

Khushi came to the final decision of not talking to Arnav anymore. She warned Pooja also.

Khushi: Pooju, you should not talk to Arnav sir. Ok?

Pooja(sadly): Why Bua? He is so good na?

Khushi: Listen to me, don't talk to him means... don't talk to him. Ok...

Pooja(yelling): But why? I like him very much...

Khushi: Don't you like Bua?

Pooja: Soooo much...

Khushi(clutching her hand): if you talk to him, Bua will also go to God...

She cried.

Pooja(wiping her tears): Don't say like that Bua... Mumma and Pappa also went to God na...

Khushi: That's why I'm saying, not to talk with him.

Pooja cried.

Khushi: I will take care of you... I will learn to cook... I will take you to the park... ok?

Pooja nodded ok crying. Khushi hugged her cursing her fate. She decided what reason she could give Arnav.

Next Morning

Pooja was ready to go the School. She came with Khushi to catch the school bus. She saw Arnav talking on the phone, locking the door. She bowed down immediately which made Arnav surprised.

Arnav: Hi... Good morning...

Neither Khushi nor pooja wished him. They took the stairs instead of the elevator which made him more surprised. He rushed towards them.

Arnav: Hey... what happened? Are you all right?

Khushi: Sir, please try to understand. A girl who is living alone can't talk to a bachelor like you. It's horrible to hear taunts. I hope you won't disturb us.

Arnav stood tightening his jaws. He took a step to let her go, looking at Pooja. Getting down the stairs, Pooja turned towards him and looked at him sadly which hammered his heart.

Arnav recently... after her sister's accident... feels very concerned for the children who lost their parents. Khushi asked him a million-dollar question yesterday. "How will you take care of your sister's baby?" being a bachelor, it's not that easy to take care of an infant. It's very hard to survive without parents in the world. He and his sister had experienced it. They lost their parents when he was in high school. His sister Sadhana was the one who worked hard to get him to finish his studies. This is his turn to bring her child up. He felt bad for Pooja when she tried to wake her parents up, not understanding they were dead. It's infernal to be left alone without parents. Yes, Khushi was right. This society is hell sometimes... it won't understand people's needs... it won't miss the chances to taunt... the society's DESIGN is like that... hell...

Arnav went to his flat. Let Khushi back to her house. He shouldn't disturb her nor make anyone raise their finger towards her. He fell on the sofa and closed his eyes, leaning on its back. He opened his eyes jerking, hearing a knock on the door. His face brightened. Could it be Khushi? He rushed to the door and pulled it wide and frowned, seeing Arun Prince. Is not he supposed to come tomorrow?

Prince: Hi dude...

He hugged Arnav...

Prince: Looking more handsome than our college days yaar...

Arnav rolled his eyes.

Prince: How many girlfriends?

Arnav glared at him...