Part 7

Part7

Khushi's fear was not estimated. She trembled with tears. The PRIVATE NUMBER man threatened her with the current situation. That means, he is watching her moves. Is he around here? What if he does anything horrible? Why not? He will be capable of doing that. After all, he is a killer. He doesn't want her to be close with Arnav who is handling the case. The killer doesn't want her to say anything to Arnav. But how could she say to him when she is also being trapped in the case? She dropped the knife in the house. What if Arnav found it? He could find her with the help of forensic experts. But what if the killer got the knife? What if he uses it against her? She gulped. She has no other choice than stay away from Arnav.

Next day

It was Sunday. Khushi didn't come out of the flat, not knowing how to avoid Arnav. But it was not that easy to avoid Arnav. He knocked on her door. Khushi opened the door and got stuck.

Arnav: Do you want anything?

Khushi: No thanks...

Arnav: Vegetable seller is there, at the gate.

Khushi: Ohh...

Arnav: You can buy from him.

Khushi nodded and went inside to take her purse and basket. Arnav was waiting for her.

Arnav: What Pooja is doing?

Khushi: She is watching cartoons.

Closing the door, she went downstairs to buy vegetables. Arnav was still there standing. He thought Pooja may come out searching for Khushi. He was not wrong. In a few minutes, Pooja came out shouting BUAAAA...

She smiled, seeing Arnav.

Pooja: Is Bua in your home?

Raising his eyebrows, Arnav nodded NO.

Pooja: Where is she?

Arnav: She went to buy veggies...

Pooja: I'm also going.

Arnav: Wait... she will come.

Pooja: No...I want to go...

Arnav: Ok fine. Come. I will take you.

Pooja raised her hands, gesturing for Arnav to pick her up. Picking her up, Arnav entered the elevator. When they came down, there was a crowd around the vegetable seller. Pooja got down from Arnav and ran towards the mini-park. She started playing in the swing and Arnav pushed her, making her giggle. Khushi panicked seeing them together. She ran her eyes in the manner of checking whether anyone is watching them.

As the crowd was heavy, she has to wait for her turn. In the meanwhile, Pooja enjoyed the park. Khushi felt cool inwardly. Pooja always demands to come to the park but Khushi is not fond of these activities.

It was Khushi's turn. She bought only onions, tomatoes, and green chilies as she didn't know about cooking. These are enough to prepare readymade food like noodles.

Arnav frowned seeing them in her basket.

Arnav: is it enough?

Khushi: Haaannnn... enough.

Pooja: Bua... I don't want noodles today but roti dall.

Khushi widened her eyes, nodding NO.

Arnav: Let's have lunch at my home.

Khushi(hurriedly): No no... no thanks.

Arnav: But why? I cook well.

Khushi: It's ok, sir.