Chapter 2 | les choix

les choix

les choix

Choices

"PRINCESS Olivia of the Rubies!" The Arminda announces as I step inside the hall. A familiar sigh greets me, even though the faces have been subjected to the wrath of time.

I bow to my parents, both of them sitting proudly on their white marble throne. Decorations of pure gold glitter due to the sunlight that makes way to them from the glass rooftop. Even though the sunlight is faint, it leaves it marks.

My father looks at me with eyes fill with pride and a welcoming smile on his handsome face. He might have developed some wrinkles and grey hair - but their is no denying that my father can sway the head of ladies in his direction, no matter what their age is. His red eyes provide me comfort in the toughest of times and I can't wait when we are alone and I would be enveloped in his comforting arms.

He wears a black suit - his well earned badges standing proudly against the fine black fabric. His gold crown sits proudly on his head, radiating his power and dominance throughout the room.

My mother sit next to him, her brunette hair tied in a neat bun. Her maroon gown compliments her dark red eyes. I have acquired my father's eyes, thankfully since my mother's eyes were deadly - something I didn't want to look for sure. No smile is on her face - she is as cold as ever. As her eyes meet mine, a shiver is sent through my spine and I am instantly insecure of my look. She accesses me with her eyes and when I finally see her head nod in approval, I somewhat calm down. Well, I passed the test with flying colors.

In the middle of the throne room, a pond is located filled with holy water and Henrietta flowers. Henrietta flowers are our kingdom's magical flowers, they hold the powers for the royals that will be granted to them when they are officially crowned. They have golden petals with a red ruby stone in the middle. They look absolutely stunning.

The walls are carved with the Treaty of Five Kingdoms that shine against the light that is emitted from behind the wall, the candles illuminating them. The story of Origin can also be found there, reminding us that nothing lasts forever. Every beginning has an end.

The ten members of the court sit on their marble thrones - adorned with grey bear skins to provide warmth. I bow to each one of them, I might have higher authority than them but they have earned the respect and admiration of all the Rubies.

"Welcome home, daughter." my father addresses me.

I smile, his voice warming up my heart. How much I have craved to listen to his words all these years!

"It's good to be home, your majesty." I reply, my eyes meeting his.

I can see the wide smile that forms on his face. I know he wants to know all about me - what had happened me in all these years and how life has treated me. I wanted to do the same, discuss endlessly about the books I have read in my free time, the proposals of the boys I have got as I grew up and how I had finally defeated Sir Adam. It was my proudest moment, for sure.