Chapter 22 | visages manqués

visages manqués

visages manqués

Missed faces

YESTERDAY was mesmerizing. I wish today wasn't the last day of our trips. My heart wanted to stay here with Xavier forever but I knew I didn't belong here. No matter what, I never will. My heart lies with my kingdom and even with my green eyes, I will never be an Emerald. I never want to be one though, it's natural for me to hate them. I am the princess, after all. I don't side with the enemy, no matter what.

I feel Xavier's possessive hold around my waist as I open my eyes. I am greeted by a bright light and I immediately regret opening my eyes. I mentally groan I don't want to wake up considering I barely slept last night. To say Xavier was excited for last night would be an understatement. How he controlled the urge to seal our bond was beyond me but he did. But that didn't stop him from exploring my body and pleasuring me all night. I have no idea where he gets this much energy from.

I look down at my naked body, and there are love bites all over my thighs and chest and I am pretty sure my neck is full of them too. I will have to get rid of them when I bathe. Also, I need to pack our belongings. Xavier had plans with the boys today so he won't be at the beach house till late. We have to leave at night too.

I carefully remove Xavier's hands around mine and grab his shirt lying on the ground. The room is a mess, our clothes are everywhere. The moments of last night come rushing back in my mind and I feel warmth rushing in my cheeks. I wear Xavier's shirt and head into the washroom. One look at myself in the mirror and I am sure that last night we were like animals who couldn't get enough of each other. I prepare myself a bathe and brush my teeth. I get into the tub and find myself relaxing at the touch of water.

I work my magic to get rid of all the love bites as much as I want them to be there to remind me how much Xavier loves me. I stay in the bathe for sometime and after cleaning myself I wrap myself in a towel and head out. Xavier is still asleep and I guess, after last night he needs to rest. I change into blue shorts and green crop top. I slip into my comfortable slippers. After dealing with the mess my hair was, and applying some makeup to look presentable I head out.

My stomach growls and I am hungrier than ever. I head downstairs to be greeted with the delicious smell of bacon. I head to the kitchen and immediately spot Caroline and Edward cooking some breakfast. The others are waiting impatiently for breakfast.

"And look who finally decided to show up! Cupcake!" I hear Colin say and he pulls me in a bear hug. I mentally groan at the proximity, but I know he meant it just as friends.

"Hey! I met you yesterday only! Remember last night?" I tell him, which was true. Well, I and Xavier didn't exactly head upstairs after coming back from the date.

We had bought some gifts from the amusement park and shared it with others. The twins were acting like children when I had handed them their water guns, it was weird watching them trying to drench each other in the water. To be precise, we all got drenched in water as soon as I handed them the guns. I had instantly regretted getting those for them. We bought a necklace for Caroline and a bracelet for Edward. For others, we simply got some caps and keychains.