Chapter 35 | convocation royale

convocation royale

convocation royale

Royal summons

MY alarm clock shouts and I know it's time for me to get up. I am somewhat a morning person, it depends upon the mood I was in when I went to sleep. As I used to have duties earlier, waking up early in the morning has become a natural habit for me. But I still set the alarm clock, just in case. And when it starts ringing, I know I can't be more late.

I get up and slip into my slippers. I head to the washroom and take a quick shower. I brush my teeth, with my towel still wrapped around me and after I am done, I head outside to change into my clothes.

I settle down for a simple green summer dress. The Emeralds don't have winter, which I find quite depressing because I love the snow and cold. It reminds me of home. But then, the memories with it are those I have to let go.

I head out to be greeted with the delicious smell of pancakes. I hurry to the kitchen, after noticing that the tv is on with some news channel on display, and spot Damien preparing a stack of pancakes.

"Good morning, Dammy." I say, teasing Damien.

"Good morning, Livy. The morning will be better if you stop calling me that." He says with a frown forming on his face.

I grin and I am sure he knows that his request has been completely denied by me. It is not happening at all, now that I have found a nickname for him to counter mine. I never argued over 'Livy' so he has no right to argue over 'Dammy'. After all, it's a cute nickname.

I then take a pancake on a plate and start gobbling it down. I find chocolate syrup nearby and bathe my pancake with it.

"Are you healed completely?" he asks.

"Yeah. I guess the plant did its work." I reply.

My mind then drifts to the tv when I hear my name. Wait. My name on tv?!

I let go of my pancake and stand up to face the tv. The news channel is on with my name all over the headlines.

"What the hell?" I hear Damien say but my focus is all on the news.

"The designer of the year, Olivia Thorne, who designed the most amazing gowns for the ball never attended the ball. Our sources say that she left the palace grounds before the ball even began and she didn't look prepared for the evening. It seems that the designer is avoiding the ball after her breakup with her boyfriend, Xavier. But refusing the royal orders is of highest disrespect to the king and the queen. Our sources claim that the designer will be questioned for her misbehaviour and punished for the same. It looks like after all, her gowns won't let her get away with this." The news anchor says and my jaw drops.