Chapter 34 | juste se battre

juste se battre

juste se battre

Just fight

DAMIEN surely knows how to surprise me, every time.

When a brother tells his sister that they should hang out, the sister will obviously think that he means going out to movies or grab a burger, besides the thought that why the hell my brother can't leave me alone?

But Damien instead thought of the best place to hang out with your sister will be an old bar where illegal street fights are held. Not that I am complaining, it's just there are too many people for my own liking here.

We park our car outside the bar, which looks quite unkept from the outside. 'The Bar' is what it's board announces but the light around the 'a' is gone so it looks confusing. The smell of alcohol and sweat greets me even though I haven't stepped inside and I am not interested in knowing what the inside of the bar holds. There is a line of people, waiting for their entry but Damien doesn't seem to notice it. Instead, he takes my hand in his and the next thing I know, we are standing in front of the bodyguard who might seem intimidating to others but not me. His well-built muscular body doesn't scare me, I have fought with warriors like him. Not that he is one.

The bodyguard doesn't even greet us, he simply looks at Damien and lets us in. My guess is that Damien is important here. The inside of the bar, although, is complete opposite to what I had expected. Instead of a filthy bar I had expected it to be, the bar looks quite well kept. Music is on full blast and the AC sends chill down my spine. People are busy drinking their lives out and by the looks of it, it looks like any regular bar. But Damien doesn't settle here.

He doesn't let go of my hand and we move through the crowd. it's disturbing to say the least. When people are drunk and dancing, they don't know what the hell they are doing. And privacy on dance floor, doesn't exist. As we pass through the sweaty bodies, I mentally groan. I am not letting Damien decide our hang out place, anymore. He clearly doesn't know where to hang out.

Suddenly, we are in front of a door against which two bodyguards are standing. He looks at Damien and then, takes out a machine. Damien places his thumb on it and the next thing we know, the door opens. He then takes me in and I am pulled into a completely different environment. A lady checks me and when she founds nothing 'dangerous' on me, I follow Damien.

He knows where to go so I am guessing that he comes here a lot. Now I am seriously doubting where he earns his money from. I know he is a hybrid but engaging in illegal activities is simply dangerous.

The scene changes and I am standing in a room filled with people I don't know. They greet Damien one by one and by the looks of these men, I can tell that they are rich. Their clothes look expensive, not to miss out the fact that some of them are wearing gold wedding bands.