Chapter 19 | soirée piscine

soirée piscine

soirée piscine

Pool party

"CUMMON, girls! Show us some of your pretty bodies!" Cade says and I want to literally punch the life out of him about his comment. I know he meant it as a joke but I am not yet used to these 'jokes' here. He would have been literally been punished for such a comment on me in my kingdom. I would have cut his tongue for this. But here? I have to laugh off his comment and look like nothings wrong with it.

Since I came back from my little outburst, Xavier hasn't let me out of his sight. To say that it's irritating is very much true, but I can do this much for him after all. When I came back, let's say the reaction of the people was pretty much unexpected. Caroline hugged me so tight, I thought that I was going to suffocate to death that day. Cade and Colin were way too lovey-dovey on me, but I ignored their behaviour as usual. I wonder what their parents are doing. They behave nothing like future rulers of the country.

And then comes Edward. He has been trying to talk to me, I can comprehend that from his random conversations with me but I ignore his very presence. Right now, our focus should be on the twins, after all, it's their 17th birthday today! To say I was excited will be an understatement because I have never been to a birthday party like this before. I want to feel like a teenager for once, though. Then I can go back to being the all-too-responsible princess. I just hope I don't do something I will regret in my stay here. I really do hope.

"Jeez! These guys need some manners! Let's tease them!" Caroline suggests and I chuckle. Of course, she wants to tease them, it's typical her.

I sigh and think about it. I have not teased Xavier since we have been together and he doesn't disrespect me like the other guys, so I think I will pass. I don't think I am made for such fun. I just like to be with him, the way we are. We are way different than these Emeralds and I think I am going stick to that.

"Na, you guys go ahead. I just want to relax with my man." I tell her and we head out.

I am in my blue bikini with no shirt covering me this time. I think I might avoid clothes on this trip. It feels great to have the wind rushing through your body. It cools me down and reminds me of something I lost- my home. I push away the thought and think about something positive, like this trip. My hair is let free this time and I have applied an eye-liner. I don't need any makeup as such, I am more than sure that I am pretty. My fair skin can beat that of the other girls any time.

We head down, to be greeted with loud music. The inside of the house is empty, the guys are already in the pool.

The beach house belongs to Edward himself. It is a two-story structure with wooden flooring. There are four rooms on each floor and a modern kitchen. There is a pool facing the ocean and the sunset and a huge terrace that can be used for a grand party. Of course, I and Xavier are staying in the same room but what appears weird to me is that Edward and Caroline aren't. I hope everything is alright between them because of the plan to work, I want them to be the future rulers of this stupid kingdom.