Chapter 37 | ennuis d'âmes sœurs

ennuis d'âmes sœurs

ennuis d'âmes sœurs

soulmates trouble

I AM never organising a party again.

High school parties are crazy and to think after my share of all the parties I have been to, I would have learnt my lesson. Turns out, I haven't since I find myself having the third shot of vodka and lime tonight.

I have released myself from the position of bartender tonight because I organised this party to have fun, not to make drinks for others. The house is packed and there is barely any place to stand. The music is blaring and I doubt that the volume of the speakers was set by me. But then, I am drunk enough to not care.

I gulp down another shot of vodka and I can feel myself loosening up. All my worries disappear, even though for one night. I just want to enjoy and dance like there is no tomorrow. In my situation, you might never know. So why not enjoy now?

I make it to where Jordan is sitting, with his hands all over some brunette. There is too much PDA going on. I want to throw up at the scene, but I need a dancing partner as of now. I grab Jordan's hand, pulling him away from the brunette and dragging him to the dance floor.

I turn around to face him, place his hands on my waist and let the beat get to me.

"You won!" I shout through the music.

"I won!" Jordan says with a huge grin on his face.

He pulls me closer and even though we both are drunk; we know that the kiss is not happening again. We are two friends, dancing like crazy. My hip sway to the beats and I have never felt more alive.

I needed this more than anything. The fight wasn't enough to release my stress and even though this is temporary, it helps me forget. It helps me forget about Edward. About Xavier. About my people. For once, I don't want to care. I don't have to care and feel guilty about it. For once, I am free.

"You know you interrupted my kissing session?" I hear Jordan says.

I chuckle at this; he is so cute even without trying.

"I made it up with the dance. After all, you promised me one if I wore your jersey." I say and it's his turn to laugh.

"But seriously, I need to get laid tonight." He says.

"Okay, but use protection. The world doesn't need another hybrid." I reply as he lets go of me.

"I will be quick, don't worry." He says and I frown in disgust. He seriously didn't have to tell me that. I don't want to know about his sex life, at all.