Chapter 10 | nouveaux endroits

nouveaux endroits

nouveaux endroits

New Places

"YOU what?" I shout at Guru.

"Princess listen to me, this is the safest place for us right now. Your father too had approved of the plan during his reign. Please, listen to me, princess." Guru says.

But I am too shocked to reply. This wasn't the plan I expected to be. Not at all. The fact that it was the best alternative for us right now, just sent shivers down my spine. If this is the best plan, then we are in a grave danger. There is no way we can go back to our kingdom now, reclaim what is ours. For a second, I am angry with Guru for taking us here but then I trust my father. If he had thought this was the best possible escape, then so be it.

We were in the Kingdom of the Emeralds.

The kingdom which fought with us all these years and will not hesitate to take an opportunity to ruin our kingdom if possible. I doubt the new lines of the rulers of the Emeralds are any different than the earlier ones. I have personally never met any other Outsider ruler and I don't intend to. 

I was supposed to meet with the Outsider ruler in a few days but I wasn't looking forward to it exactly. And now I am in their lands without their permission, just makes me scared.

Guru has taken us to their capital, One. It is weird to name the city after numbers but then who am I to complain? They were highly intelligent and logic ran in their veins. I just don't know why would Guru take us to their capital. We have to be away from the Royals as much as possible, not closer. And if the people gaze into our eyes, they shall know that we are Rubies. 

Hell, we don't even look like Emeralds. We have very fair skin, so we will surely stand out. But Guru seems to have figured everything out. By the looks of it, my father had been expecting this for far too long. They were just too prepared. Was my father so sure that we have to flee our kingdom like cowards rather than fighting for the crown. If my brothers were here, I am sure that would have been exactly what we would have been doing. But my father thought otherwise.

I feel that I had failed my father. He didn't trust us to be strong rulers. Were we that bad? I don't say anything. I am sure he had his reasons. I just feel like I don't know my own father anymore. What else was he hiding from us? From me?

Right now, we are resting against a tree located just at the outskirts of the capital, One. We have to walk for a few kilometres to reach the entrance of the capital where we have to pass a security check. Guru is busy on a device, he calls phone. It's just a box of metal that can talk. How he communicates with it is still a mystery to me.