Chapter 27 | nouveaux liens

nouveaux liens

nouveaux liens

new bondings

I CLEAN the plate and place it on the slab so that it can dry. I walk towards the refrigerator, take out some orange juice and pour myself a glass. I am tired, to say the least. Tired from crying all night. Tired of thinking what am I going to do next.

I am a hybrid and if anyone comes to know about me, I am likely to end up dead. But then, that's what I had wanted, right? What changed, then? Maybe because me being dead is exactly what the First Borns want and I am certainly not going to give them the satisfaction of that. I will lead a simple yet changed life now. The life that is completely different from the one before.

A life without responsibilities.

That is what I have gathered from last night and well, half the day of today. I haven't talked to Damien yet, I couldn't bring myself to talk to him. Our lives are completely different and I don't know him at all. All I have heard are rumours and I can just wish that they weren't true. He was my enemy but now, I don't know what to call him. My brother? My friend? My saviour? I don't know.

I have to talk to him, eventually. I have to. Without talking, we are never going to be on the same page and make the right decisions about our life. I want to know him and I want to know what my birth mother was like. She was beautiful for sure; I saw that in the vision. I can see that on my face, I almost look like her. In fact, I and Damien look somewhat alike, now that I have noticed but his black eyes are what that truly distinguishes us.

I have looked through his entire house, and there is nothing much to say. The house is comfortable with two rooms, a kitchen and a hall. Not that I expected much from him, though. He is a hybrid and I doubt where he gets the money from. I want to ask him about his past but we will get there eventually. It doesn't happen in a day.

I settle down on the couch and turn on the tv. A news channel comes up but my mind isn't focused on it at all. My mind simply keeps on replaying what had happened before. How I rejected Xavier. How I gave up being a princess. How I gave up everything.

The eyes of those dead children keeping coming up and the feeling of guilt and being a failure is still there. It is still fucking there after everything I have give up. Why?

"You need to stop thinking that much." I hear a voice next to me.

My eyes turn to see Damien seated next to me with a coke in his hand. I let go of my orange juice and snatch the coke from his hands and take a sip.

"Hey! That's mine!" Damien complains but I ignore him.

"So, what's going on my mind?" he asks.

I look at him. His hair is combed neatly and he smells like chocolate and orange. His magic seems to be calm around me and I am glad for that. He can control his anger but I don't want to know what happens when he couldn't. I just know that I am powerful enough to contain him.