Chapter 40 | me perdre

me perdre

me perdre

losing me

THE air feels different yet familiar. I know I am travelling through a portal but the destination at the other end is unknown to me and I am on full alert.

What the hell is going on?

One moment I am surrounded by darkness and the other, I am standing in a forest.

The surroundings look awfully familiar and it doesn't make me long enough to realize where I am – the Red Mountain. I can feel my magic going absolutely restless and stronger since I am back in my kingdom. Being a hybrid, I don't know why I am on the Red Mountain. I should have been killed by Lady Ruby's aura then why am I still standing.

I look around to examine my surroundings and when I do, I immediately regret it.

Damien.

I see my brother lying on the ground with his hands clenching his hair. He is in pain; his expression clearly shows that. I remind myself that he is a hybrid and unlike me it will kill him to stay on the mountain any moment longer.

I rush towards him. I need to get him out of here as soon as possible. I make my way to him and before I can get any nearer, I am thrown aback.

The hell?

A jolt of magic is thrown at me and I am totally taken aback. Luckily, my magic senses it and protects me. But not before I am thrown to the ground. My body aches due to the magic. It seems powerful as I couldn't even protect myself against it.

The air fills with Damien's screams and I get up to see the black aura emitting from him. His magic is going restless and he looked dangerously pale. Oh God, no. Why is this happening?

I get up again, adjusting my gown and wishing that I had some different attire. But now isn't the time to fuss over a gown. My brother's life is in danger and he needs me. I can see him fighting against Lady Ruby's magic but no one is as powerful as her. Not even me.

I sense the wall around him and use all my power to break through the barrier. But the wall is very strong. I summon every inch of energy left in me and through my magic against the wall, wishing that it will break. I can feel my magic working against the wall but then again, I am thrown aback as another jolt of power meets me.

Why the hell can't I get pass the wall?

Another scream fills the air and I feel my brother's pain. I don't want him to suffer. I don't want him gone. He is the only family I have left and no matter what, I care for him. He isn't like the hybrids I had met and if it wasn't for his curse, I am sure that he would have enjoyed a normal life with his mate.

I get up, again but I am tired. The last shot had consumed too much of my energy but I am not giving up.

I stand up again and another blast of energy leaves me. It hits the wall but nothing happens. Instead, I am hit with another wave of magic. I fall again. I can feel the tears coming down when I hear Damien's screams. I can't let him die. I don't want him to die. He doesn't deserve to die.