Chapter 39 | il me manque

il me manque

il me manque

I miss him

THE days fly by in the blink of an eye. I can't sleep. I can't eat.

I don't feel anything at all. My magic is agitated all the time and I have no idea what is wrong with me. Something dangerous is brewing and I don't know what to expect. I am not even prepared for it and that thought scares me.

All I do is think and drink coffee. My designs were finalised and done for the second ball which is today. I have to attend it; I have no options in my pocket. Edward's birthday is in three and the entire kingdom is buzzing with joy. The girls are going insane and truthfully, I couldn't me more annoyed.

Why?

Because my soulmate is going to find a queen that is not going to be me. it wouldn't have affected me a year ago and now, I can't stop thinking about it. Call me a hypocrite, but I miss him, a lot. I miss his possessiveness for me. I miss his voice, his eyes and his lips. I miss his touch, his laugh and his presence. I won't call it love; I have been in love before. This might be a silly crush and the bond between him and I isn't making me it easy for me to ignore the feeling, no matter how hard I try.

I want to let go of him, but I simply can't. I am not able to. The crown won't choose me because of my blood. I am a half Ruby and Sir Edward won't want someone impurifying the pure Emerald bloodline. It's hard but the only solution to this is to stay away from Edward.

I know some of the girls selected, Caroline being one of them. She didn't top the exam but surely scored good enough, I guess. I have been through a lot of appointments. There are in total 10 girls in the third round, and some of them have been flown from Two and Three. They are new to the surroundings and are extremely shy around me, making my job harder. They will just agree with any of my designs so I had to prepare a questionnaire for them so look into their preferences. With the help of those preferences I was able to prepare the gowns for both the ball tonight and the crowning ceremony. Even though 7 of them won't get selected, they are expected to attend the ceremony.

It's funny that some of them will be meeting the crown prince for the first time. The person they are going to marry and spend their rest of the lives with. When, it should have been me.

I push the thoughts aside; the ball is in 2 hours and I have to focus on the work. I have 10 girls to look after. I am sure their dresses will fit them perfectly but I need to make sure, still.

I haven't been as such bonding with them, so I don't even remember their names. I choose not to. Their presence enough torments me and I don't want to be closer to them. One of them is going to marry my mate. My mate.

I go through their rooms, checking on them one by one. Asking the maids if there are any complications. I just see the girls standing on the platforms and smiling like it's their birthday. Or better, that they are going to get married to the prince today. They all look innocent to me but never judge the book by it's cover. I am sure I will see their true faces one day. Look at Caroline for example. She is all nice but then, when she doesn't get what she wants she is a real bitch. A queen isn't a bitch, she is just a genius. A queen has her way with things which I am certain Caroline doesn't. But one of them will be chosen by Sir Emerald so I am sure one of them is worthy.