Chapter 4 | revues

revues

revues

Journals

"This is not going to work. We need something more powerful to track them down. I can't believe this!" I shout.

I have never been so frustrated my entire life. Two days have passed since my aunt Hasel came to us to report that her husband has been missing. I have worked every possible technique known to me to track them down, but there was no clue. Our magic wasn't strong enough to penetrate through the magic that hid them from the other's eyes. This was unheard of.

 I have to be the most powerful witch among the Rubies so that I can balance magic world with everyday life. I would become more powerful when I have the Henrietta flower but that is not going to happen anytime soon. Who could be more powerful than me right now besides of course, my mother?

My patience was on a test, and let's just say, it wasn't going well. I haven't slept in two days since the realization came to me that there is someone out there who possesses more powerful magic than me. I was deeply worried about how was I now going to protect my family and kingdom from that witch. I had to think of something.

Who can be the one to help me through this? I could go to mother but she seems... distracted these days. A name pops up in my mind but I simply ignore it.

 It has been two days since that kiss with Guru and I can barely shake off the feeling of his lips against mine. It had felt so real and right. I longed to be with him but I dismissed the feeling. I had more important problems to deal with right now.

I leave the Magic room and head towards the library. It's not that I haven't read all those books about magic kept there. I know them by heart. But there was one thing I hadn't touched just yet. I had always intended on reading it but I was just too busy to do so after my training was completed. The Book of the War of the Five Kingdoms. It was my father's account of the war. It was very personal to him but he had felt the need to show it to me and my brothers so that we can refer to read it in future.

An Arminda opened the door for me and I was greeted by the familiar smell of the books. The library is the largest room in the entire palace and maybe one of the most important. The many books kept on its marble shelves were the source of immense knowledge for us Rubies. 

Especially for the royals. Our ancestors record their times as a ruler in these books for the future generation. I needed a solution to this problem today itself only. The more I wait, the more danger I will be putting others in.

I walk to the aisle of the Ancestors and look for the section that belong to my father. I could have just asked him but something tells me that I should just let him rest. He seems vulnerable to me right now and I haven't seen this side of him since a long time.